Useful Discount on a New 60-liter Engel Compressor Fridge; $950 in Portland, OR

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
I don’t have much residual left from the XV-JP fiasco with Dion Krantz and Red Cannon Expedition, but I did get back an Engel fridge I bought for the project. Having no use for it, it seems sensible to see if any ExPo builders need it.

The unit is the well-known and reasonably well-loved Engel MT60 AC/DC Fridge Freezer. It looks like this (click on any photo to make it big):

P1020325.jpg

and this:

P1020315.jpg

It’s 31.1" L x 19.3" W x 17.4" H, but that doesn’t include the add-on handles, which add and inch-and-a-half to the length at each end.

You can find information on the Engel website here: http://www.engelcoolers.com/fridge-freezers/shop-by-fridge-freezer/portable-top-loading/mt60f-u1,

or on Amzon website here: https://www.amazon.com/Engel-MT60-AC-DC-Fridge-Freezer/dp/B00042JSRK

This is not the MT60-C Combi with the space separated into distinct refrigerator and freezer compartments. There are pros and cons to the separation, and I have the 60-liter Combi in my Sprinter, but decided that this time I’d rather have the extra space available by leaving out the sizable divider.

So on to the condition of the unit . . . It was purchased last fall and shipped directly to Red Cannon, and then returned to me with the Jeep at the beginning of April. In between, it apparently was unpacked, measured up and set on a shelf. Dion tossed the shipping box, so it was sent back wrapped in a plastic garbage bag:

P1020326.jpg

and, riding with the rest of the leftovers,

P1020274.jpg

it got trucked back to Portland.

Against the odds, though, the fridge arrived in fine shape. I don’t think it was powered up at Red Cannon, so I plugged it in and made sure it made it worked. It’s in new condition, but looks to have picked up a couple of hairline scratches in the top, maybe from Engel, maybe at Red Cannon, maybe in transit. But you really have to look for them; they’re not particularly noticeable.

P1020320.jpg

That’s all I found, though. Everything else seems as it should be for a new unit.

It comes with the two wire baskets, the two handles, the DC plug and two (?) AC cords, one lighter gauge than the other.

P1020323.jpg

The manual was missing, but since it is just three double-sided sheets, I printed the manual off the Engel website to provide a replacement. And the screws to attach the handles were missing, but they are just hardware store items, so I bought and included them.

So the bottom line is that the fridge is complete, working and new, but there’s no practical way to ship this, so the buyer has to come pick it up. To reflect this marketing disadvantage, I’ll sell it for $950 firm, better than $350 under what it appears to be available for from a vendor.

The fridge is comfortably resting in my shop just west of the Portland city limits near the junction of US 26 and OR 217. It can stay there for a couple of months maximum if the buyer can’t get it picked up immediately, but needs to be paid for immediately.

Except for locals wishing to run over here with cash in hand, we’ll use a transfer to my PayPal account to pay for it, so as to provide the buyer with some confidence that there's recourse if I've misrepresented it. The price is firm, as it seems a pretty fair deal. But it'll be nice to have someone put it to use. I don’t expect that I’ll have a future project that will need it (and I own seven compressor fridges, which is a bit silly; see the postscript at the end).

The way to buy this is to send me a private message (click the user name at the upper left) saying you want it; if there are multiple people who want this, we’ll go in the order of the PMs being sent. Once I respond, we’ll have a pending sale for 24 hours to give the buyer time to get me the money. If that doesn’t happen, we’ll move on to the next, if any, prospects.

Please post any questions you have in this thread and I’ll answer them promptly, but you don’t need to add a post to the thread that you’ve sent me a PM; I’m set up to monitor those through my e-mail.

A few more photos:

P1020321.jpg P1020322.jpg
P1020316.jpg P1020324.jpg

P.S.: I also have a pair of new 30-liter Dometic CDC-030DC drawers fridges and a new 45-quart Whynter Model FM-45G that I’m not using. They’re not nearly as expensive and thus wouldn’t have nearly as big a discount, and also wouldn’t be worth shipping, but if you need of either of these and can pick them up in at my place, send me a PM and we can negotiate.

Last edited:

Happykamper

Explorer
Ok I have read the explicit description of the fridge, how to buy, how to navigate the EP PM , how long you will hold etc....but I just don't see the PRICE LOL!!! I probably missed it somewhere :).
PM sent

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
Just saw the price !!! 1000.00 pretty fair deal.
And in my typical "close the barn door after the horse is out" fashion, the price is now boldfaced and in red.

It probably would have been better if hadn't treated the price as a minor detail. ;)

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
Ummm, let me check. :)

Yep, still here; hasn't moved. The description above is still accurate in all respects.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier