Used over lander

MLu

Adventurer
My guess would be through personal contacts or forums (which is a bit of a problem if you don't speak the language...)

It seems to me that Germany and Austria are the countries with the biggest interest in overlanders at the moment, and probably where you'll find the used ones as well. Mobile.de is the obvious first start, but I really couldn't tell you what the best place would be. Depends on your budget too, the custom manufacturers often sell used vehicles as well.

jjanos

Fair enough. I have been doing some searching on AutoScout24.

Any forums that you could point me to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thisoneguy

Audi Expositioner
I haven't found any overland focused and in english, if you find some please share. There are many enthusiasts in Germany, but all the travel is out side of Germany. Not much to overland from what I have seen. What kind of over-lander are you interested in? I recently bought a G 300GE from AutoScout24.

Last edited:

jjanos

I haven't found any overland focused and in english, if you find some please share. There are many enthusiasts in Germany, but all the travel is out side of Germany. Not much to overland from what I have seen. What kind of over-lander are you interested in? I recently bought a G 300GE from AutoScout24.

I am open anything. I just sold a 4Runner in the states. An older G or landcruiser is my most likely route.

thisoneguy

Audi Expositioner
Depending on year a decent G, from my research is around ~$20k US. I didn't really look for Land Cruiser - Wasn't what I was looking for. Where are you at?

jjanos

Depending on year a decent G, from my research is around ~$20k US. I didn't really look for Land Cruiser - Wasn't what I was looking for. Where are you at?

There seems to a decent number for sale.

Near Stuttgart.

thisoneguy

Audi Expositioner
There are quite a few... A sellers market it seems, because many that they are wanting that kind of money for have problems... moreso than you might expect from a 25yo car at that price. It took me over a year, and I didn't check every box - but most of them.

I'm up near Frankfurt.

Arjan

Fossil Overlander
Mobile.de is a good place to look around.

Depending on your definition of an "Overlander" - our land Rover 110 goes up for sale and has been there, done that, etc..

Bon Courage !

slvyj

Observer
I've heard the best place to buy a used vehicle especially if you are looking for one 25 years or older is to head south, either Italy or Spain, rust free.

The Dutch are big into overlanding.

I'm in Stuttgart.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles