Used Hard 1957 Series I - Retired to Daily Driver Status

I love the old series Rovers. Between this and your Cherokee Chief, one of my other favorite vehicles ever, I'm getting really jealous.
I'm vehicle poor. Got too many fun projects including this Rover, my Cherokee Cheif, a K30 Chevy, two Austin Healey Sprites, a Toyota HJ60 diesel high roof Land Cruiser, plus the Farmall Cub and others. I should be able to narrow it down to four. Four's a good number...

toddz69

Explorer
I'm vehicle poor. Got too many fun projects including this Rover, my Cherokee Cheif, a K30 Chevy, two Austin Healey Sprites, a Toyota HJ60 diesel high roof Land Cruiser, plus the Farmall Cub and others. I should be able to narrow it down to four. Four's a good number...
What about the Commando you were rebuilding in a thread here?

Todd Z.

Nonimouse

Cynical old bastard
Having said that, I've just been shown pictures of a horde of Series 1 bits, just up the road. So I'll go and take a look

Still looking for front fenders and a grille emblem. I've given up on the tail lamps, in favor of something adequate and affordable.

I did take it to the snow yesterday. There wasn't a ton of snow, maybe a foot on the ground, but it did well enough. It's got one bald tire, one new tire and two mediocre tires on it, which made it kind of squirelly in the deep stuff, but I had fun. The narrow width of the axles didn't help either, as most snow wheeling guys around here have full width axles and big offset wheels.

Attachments

• 20221226_142422[1].jpg
    20221226_142422[1].jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 21

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles