Used Eezi-Awn Roof Top Tent 1200

articulate

Expedition Leader
$950 – Chandler, AZ – Will ship

I'm selling our well loved Eezi-Awn 1200 tent. Given the number of nights we've spent in it (103), it's in fantastic shape. The zippers are still perfect, the buckles still going strong, the fly is flawless, all the seams are just fine, the hinges are in perfect working order, plus I added a new PVC cover in July 2009.

picture-1.jpg

I doubt I need to talk about the superior construction of an Eezi-Awn, plus the excellent U.S. consumer support through Equipt and Sierra Expeditions – if you ever need a part you can get one. Reasonably, too.

Used Eezi-Awns don't come by often – this is one of the best roof top tent brands available in the U.S. at less than 2/3rds the price of a new one, which is over $1600.

Gallery of detail pictures: www.adventureparents.com/Used-eezi-awn-tent/index.html

Wear and Tear items (pictures of these are in the gallery):
Mesh screen on the doors both have a hole.
Thumbnail size tear in the bottom side of the mattress
Pinky nail size tear in the canvas strip that holds one of the bungee cords to the interior of the tent. 100% cosmetic
Some dents in the ladder that don't affect the extension/collapse
Replaced one damaged aluminum brace on bottom of the non-mounted half with a solid piece of varnished mahogany

Shipping:
Willing to ship via truck freight, I'll quote it to serious inquirers. My initial research shows you can expect the transit cost to a commercial address to be close to $200 within 1000 miles of Phoenix – there are additional fees for delivery to residential addresses (up to an additional $100, depending on the situation).

Contact me:
Mark Stephens
480-365-9106
mstephens at adventureparents.com

Thanks!

articulate

Expedition Leader
Yes, Brian, time for a bigger 'something.'

Los Angeles is not in my plans anytime soon.... sorry.

Willman

Bump for you Mark!

I'm in the market for one of those too. Just need to work out the acquisition of a truck to put it on.

Good move.

Another one.....Didn't you get one a few years ago?

I like your thinking.....I was thinking of picking up one like this for my Tacoma for weekend trips without the fam.

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
Another one.....Didn't you get one a few years ago?

Yes, I bought a used 1200 a couple years ago. I'm in the market for something with more interior space.

articulate said:
. . . time for a bigger 'something.'

I don't know about you Mark, but I think all those commercials are a scam. I wouldn't believe 'em. :sombrero:

yea, read into that all you want . . .

Do you have a rack of some type? Yakima or Thule stuff by chance?

I do not. But I've been thinking about replacing my stock crossbars with Yackima anyhoo... Let me check a thread, I think Chris Shontz had some good advice on his XJ build thread regarding this kinda stuff. Say, where has he been lately?!

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
I Know it is the wroong side of town (Litchfield Park) but I have a set of Yakima mounts and crossbars that you could use to try it out. I do not want to sell them but you are welcome to use them to take it for a spin.

The mounts are the ones that clamp onto the factory rail. Yakima call it a railgrab.

I do not. But I've been thinking about replacing my stock crossbars with Yackima anyhoo... Let me check a thread, I think Chris Shontz had some good advice on his XJ build thread regarding this kinda stuff. Say, where has he been lately?!

Ford Prefect

Expedition Leader
Purple,

Since your mentioned an XJ I am assuming you are going to put it on an XJ. I have a WJ and they rate 150lbs while the vehicle is in motion, so, the stock rack should be just fine for you. I personally plan to simply get two more cross bars to add some extra support.

So, anyhow, there is a thought for you.

as for the OP Nice tent, good luck with the sale!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior