Use of Memory Clear and Diag Check for ECU Errors instead of MUT/OBD

SkiFreak

Expedition Leader
The joys of computer controlled automotive systems. Grrrrrrrrr.......
Sadly, these days we don't get a choice in these matters, so just have to live with it. It's either that or go with an older vehicle, that comes with it's own challenges.

Canter Diesel

The joys of computer controlled automotive systems. Grrrrrrrrr.......
Sadly, these days we don't get a choice in these matters, so just have to live with it. It's either that or go with an older vehicle, that comes with it's own challenges.
Yes SkiFreak this has certainly been a right nightmare not too mention a horrendous cost and still the safe mode continues.
The wires to the speed sensor was no more than the reversing beepers and lights which I discovered after the new terminals did not work, I then disconnected the new terminals only to find out that they were the reverse lights! A few days ago I put the lorry up on the ramps and found another corroded terminal next the the reverse light wires, these were attached to the gear lever linkage on the gearbox, I started to check these out only to find more corrosion, after fitting 1 new terminal I realised that these were for the PTO and as it is not a tipper any more left them unconnected.
Next I will trace the wire from the pump to the ECU that related to the camshaft timing sensor as this is what keeps coming up on the blink code and splice into each ends and try my luck. Watch this space........

SkiFreak

Expedition Leader
Was this truck in a salt rich environment in its previous life?
I will say... on my truck I use a bit of dielectric grease in the connectors that are exposed to the elements, as I have found that even the connectors that are meant to be waterproof often aren't.

Canter Diesel

Was this truck in a salt rich environment in its previous life?
I will say... on my truck I use a bit of dielectric grease in the connectors that are exposed to the elements, as I have found that even the connectors that are meant to be waterproof often aren't.
The UK adds salt to the roads so yes pretty much a salt environment. Have used electrical contact grease in the past.