USB chargers?

Lykos

Super Trucker
My apologies if this is the wrong forum for this question.

USB chargers that plug in your cigar plugs. I need to invest in the best, most rugged available. I burn through the cheap ones like wild fire.

Apparently the cheap ones don't care for the vibration of an eighteen wheeler.

I'm talking about the little dual port chargers that you plug your charging cord in.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

4xdog

Explorer

USB chargers that plug in your vicar plugs. I need top inelegant is the best most rugged available. I Burb through the cheap ones like wild fire.

Most don't care for the Vibration of an eighteen what I would imagine.

I'm talking about the little dual port chargers that you plug your charging cord in.

Thanks in advance.

I only understand about half of that!

But FWIW, I also use the Blue Sea dual USB outlets. I've mounted one in my Tacoma in place of one of the 12V powerpoints in the lower console.

i-Hz75RgR-L.jpg

Lykos

Super Trucker
Crap.

LoL

I didn't use the edit button when I should've used the edit button. Lemmie fix it...

I went to college, I swear.

Last edited:

comptiger5000

Adventurer
I threw one of the blue sea ones in place of one of the factory outlets in the Jeep the other day. They definitely make some good stuff. It mounted right up in the factory hole and looks like it belongs. They're meant to handle boat vibration, so truck vibration should be just fine for it.

tarditi

Explorer
I threw one of the blue sea ones in place of one of the factory outlets in the Jeep the other day. They definitely make some good stuff. It mounted right up in the factory hole and looks like it belongs. They're meant to handle boat vibration, so truck vibration should be just fine for it.

Did you do this on a JK or other model? I want to add one myself, but curious about the CAN-BUS wiring harness - not sure if I can just add it in series to my existing power outlet.

rabbiporkchop

Adventurer

USB chargers that plug in your cigar plugs. I need to invest in the best, most rugged available. I burn through the cheap ones like wild fire.

Apparently the cheap ones don't care for the vibration of an eighteen wheeler.

Thanks in advance.

You should get one of these.
31RqdpWymJL._SX425_.jpg

DSCN4929_zpsidks0bzq.jpg

2.4 amps x 4

http://www.amazon.com/Aleratec-Charger-iPhone-Smartphones-Tablets/dp/B00EP3IWG2

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
blueseas.jpg

It's been working out so well I actually bought a second one to work off the house battery.

CaliMobber

Adventurer
Soooooo I hope you read this before you run out and get a blue sea. Sure blue sea is good product but it seems very silly to replace your cig plug with an expensive usb cahrger that is only 1amp output. Im a huge tech person and Have tried a ton of usb chargers. I like small and flush chargers is 2amp output for all devices. So far this Is what I am using.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00M6QODH2?&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

They are super cheap and are the smallest i can find with 2.4amp output. I offroad all the time and they still work great.

If you need more than 2 you can just get something like this also

http://www.amazon.com/Anker-Charger...sim_107_5?ie=UTF8&refRID=1DX053N7DXXKFKY4VY3K

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
I haven't any issues with charging my many electronic gadgets with either of the blue seas oulets I've installed ...
One good thing is I won't be able to lose it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke