USA-CAN-USA, July 2017 (16 US states and 4 Canadian provinces)

homeguy

Observer
I'm glad you stopped to help. I feel embarrassed that no Canadians stopped to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wow! Thanks for helping that couple. You never know what can happen when you come upon animals.

You are very correct. And I just could not pass up the chance to help someone in need. I know I would be grateful if someone helped me if I found myself in such a situation.

I'm glad you stopped to help. I feel embarrassed that no Canadians stopped to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I was surprised when the driver of the Subaru made that observation. I was thinking in my mind, he is hurt and should be worried about getting help. I do not know how he had the time in his mind to think about the first people at the scene as being from the US or not. But he sure asked everyone where they were from and sure enough we were from the US. And so he made that observation to us.

I was really glad he was not badly hurt. But especially glad his wife was just stunned with no visible injuries. So, we all hope she is fine.

The funniest thing too is that they asked to take him to the hospital and he said no, he will be ok. He asked if they could just give him some tweezers so he could take the pieces of glass out of his leg. Well, the paramedics said they cannot give him that and they basically had to convince him that they would like to take him to the emergency room. He finally agreed.

Last edited:
Will try to get the video of when I pulled up at scene after accident just occurred like a minute before. And video continues when ambulance and fire fighters show up to take care of accident victims and clean the road. When I get that video done, I will post it here.

Video done and posted now.

0:45: I pull up at scene as the first couple to the scene are crossing the street infront of me.
1:13: Paramedics and fire fighters are there and I get into my car to leave and make a uturn and wait while they clean the road before letting everybody go by

Last edited:
Tonight, I went back to Banff at 8pm and stayed till 10pm. It was just then that it got dark. And from 8pm to 10pm is the best time to visit since there is less traffic and it starts getting cooler.

I had the chance to eat my first ever poutine and it was a hit. Loved it! I ate it about 7:30pm in a restaurant in Canmore called La Belle Patate. All I can say is these guys know what they are doing in the kitchen.
2jenwvp.jpg

ngr61.jpg

rkopbs.jpg

Last edited:

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Looks like you are having a great time! We are still bumming around Alaska for another week or two so our paths won't cross - have a great trip!

Looks like you are having a great time! We are still bumming around Alaska for another week or two so our paths won't cross - have a great trip!

The trip is truly going great. Seeing a lot of natures wonders. Quite amazing to see it in person.

I wish our paths would have crossed. But glad you guys are having a great time in Alaska. Stay safe out there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles