Ursa Minor Pop-Top Jeep JK

campertramper

So, for those of you interested in another rack system some of us are using L-Track as rails instead of the other offerings from Ursa minor.

Here are the part numbers that will allow the guys at UM to fully install a system that they have done for a few members (including soon to be me). Other Skus from Mac's don't include hardware or are not pre-drilled so be careful what you are ordering if you deviate from this list:

522372 - Mac's Versatie Track, Series 3 Wide - Pre-Drilled with hardware

460037 - Mac's Versatie Arrowhead End Cap

310009 - Versatie Threaded Stud M10

Also, keep in mind that not ALL L-Track (stuff you find on Amazon) follow the same industry standard specs according to Mike at Mac's. So if you buy mounting hardware from anywhere other than Mac's who follow industry standard specs it may not work.

You can call the main Mac's custom Tie-downs phone 1-800-666-1586 and ask for Mike in sales. He's getting familiar with our Jeeps. Also, you should be able to mention this to John at UM when ordering your options. I've passed the same list on to him. The advantage with allowing UM to order for you is that it will be attached to your build number, shipped to the correct shop doing assembly and have full tracking.

Hope this helps someone. :)

-dmulk
Any pics of this system installed? Naive question: what would the advantages of this be over Thule?

dmulk

Any pics of this system installed? Naive question: what would the advantages of this be over Thule?
Looking back through this thread look at Gear's pics. He has some good shots and may be the first to use the L-Track. My build should be finished in the next month or so. I'll post plenty of pics once it's finished.

Gear

Explorer, Overland Certified OC0020

Biggest advantage is a lower profile and the ability to make your own custom crossbars. Simple 2”x1” aluminum rectangular bar is what I have been using for crossbars.

ventura911

Adventurer
Radio is a Midland MXT500 and comes with a 16” 2.1dB antenna on a magnetic mount. I added a 3dB Ghost antenna to the order. If I want/need to upgrade, what’s the do-all/be-all antenna to add to the kit?
So I ended up going with a Rugged Ridge cowl mount, but attached to the solar panel mount on top. Just have to find some time to play with it now.

C6851372-D715-4276-A784-245A07DD48B7.jpeg
339BA199-4C56-457A-8286-9E9961A96E4C.jpeg

campertramper

I noticed a new picture up on the ursaminorparts.com website for the 'gear pouches': https://ursaminorparts.com/collections/new-items/products/jk-jl-tent-gear-pouches

Here we see them installed and they look pretty nice to me. The other thing I noticed from this photo are the interior lights - they are new and I like them better than the ones that I have. Has anyone out there received these with their new ursa minor tops? If so, please share!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-04-19 at 9.12.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-19 at 9.12.53 PM.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 67

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
I noticed a new picture up on the ursaminorparts.com website for the 'gear pouches': https://ursaminorparts.com/collections/new-items/products/jk-jl-tent-gear-pouches

Here we see them installed and they look pretty nice to me. The other thing I noticed from this photo are the interior lights - they are new and I like them better than the ones that I have. Has anyone out there received these with their new ursa minor tops? If so, please share!

The pouches look great, but I'm not sure about that roof color....

-Dan

dmulk

Man...so close I can taste it. I ordered last May and it looks like I'm tracking for a 5/18 or so install date.

I'll be on the road from San Diego to Seattle the week before to give my top (with a rhino rack backbone system) to a buddy of mine that just picked up a FSR roof top tent. I'll drive back topless back to Chula Vista and have to cover the jeep for a few days as I wait for the call.

Fingers crossed all the timing lines up.

Any fellow J30 owners want to join me and a couple buddies at the beginning of August on the WY and CO BDRs? 8/6 g 8/21 running North to South. Feel free to ping me and I'll keep you in the loop.

-dmulk

shays4me

Willing Wanderer
Man...so close I can taste it. I ordered last May and it looks like I'm tracking for a 5/18 or so install date.

I'll be on the road from San Diego to Seattle the week before to give my top (with a rhino rack backbone system) to a buddy of mine that just picked up a FSR roof top tent. I'll drive back topless back to Chula Vista and have to cover the jeep for a few days as I wait for the call.

Fingers crossed all the timing lines up.

Any fellow J30 owners want to join me and a couple buddies at the beginning of August on the WY and CO BDRs? 8/6 g 8/21 running North to South. Feel free to ping me and I'll keep you in the loop.

-dmulk
I hope everything goes smoothly! I sure wish I was closer by your route to Seattle, and your Jeep was a JKU. That way I could intercept you on the way through and I'd loan you a top. I found one used and put it on for my trip to Portland. If this is your plan, pray for sunny weather and good luck!

campertramper

I hope everything goes smoothly! I sure wish I was closer by your route to Seattle, and your Jeep was a JKU. That way I could intercept you on the way through and I'd loan you a top. I found one used and put it on for my trip to Portland. If this is your plan, pray for sunny weather and good luck!
You could always wrap the top in plastic and wear ear protection.

dmulk

Hey John,

I do actually have a JKU. Do you have a soft top?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles