Ursa Minor Pop-Top Jeep JK

eytonpay

I have designed and built a prototype shield for keeping the tent material out of the hinge mechanism in my J30. I'm testing it now. I am wondering if there would be any interest in the Ursa Minor community for a product like this?

I would love one, let me know when you have more details to share

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CaliMat

I have designed and built a prototype shield for keeping the tent material out of the hinge mechanism in my J30. I'm testing it now. I am wondering if there would be any interest in the Ursa Minor community for a product like this?
I would be interested too.

shays4me

Willing Wanderer
Can anyone tell me if the hinge mechanism on the new JLU top is the same as the JKU series? I made the plunge tonight and ordered enough materials to build 26 sets. I don't think my wife will be very happy when she sees the CC bill, LOL!

that_dude

Interested as well.

CaliMat

Can anyone tell me if the hinge mechanism on the new JLU top is the same as the JKU series? I made the plunge tonight and ordered enough materials to build 26 sets. I don't think my wife will be very happy when she sees the CC bill, LOL!

That's great, do you have pictures of what you are thinking?

shays4me

Willing Wanderer
Here is a picture of my JL, pretty sure it is the same hinge.
That's a very nice JLU! Thanks for posting the pic. The next time you have it open would you measure the space between the bolts for me on the bottom bracket? I would be in your debt forever and always think pleasant thoughts of you, lol!
That's great, do you have pictures of what you are thinking?
I do but I don't want to share them yet. Still finalizing the design and I don't want to get ripped off. I promise they'll be reasonable though and so far my prototype works great! I contacted Espedition Portal and I cannot sell a product here unless I'm a forum sponsor. I understand the reason for this and support them in that, but the cost is prohibitively high for someone like me who is not looking to get rich. I'll probably post them up on an auction site when they're ready to share with the world.

CaliMat

I'll get you the measurements this weekend. Just to be sure, you want the distance of the bolts that attach the bottom of the bracket to the top?

shays4me

Willing Wanderer
I'll get you the measurements this weekend. Just to be sure, you want the distance of the bolts that attach the bottom of the bracket to the top?
No, the distance front to rear of the holes in the bottom bracket. These are the holes that the upright assembly attaches to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles