Ursa Minor Pop-Top Jeep JK

Presto88

Adventurer
I know that you can disable the horn both for remote starting and locking with the remote because my Jeep doesn't do either of those things.

To disable the horn when locking the doors, I might have gone with this suggestion - https://www.wranglerforum.com/threads/turn-off-horn-when-locking-jeep.1234225/ - but I'm not at all sure about it. Some sites say that will also disable the horn when using the remote start. Don't know for sure, and since mine doesn't honk in either scenario I'm not likely to experiment!

Google search is your friend!

(Edit: I didn't realize that people had already posted the solution a few hours ago. I thought I was at the end of the thread, but it was just the end of that page!)

pith helmet

I know that you can disable the horn both for remote starting and locking with the remote because my Jeep doesn't do either of those things.

To disable the horn when locking the doors, I might have gone with this suggestion - https://www.wranglerforum.com/threads/turn-off-horn-when-locking-jeep.1234225/ - but I'm not at all sure about it. Some sites say that will also disable the horn when using the remote start. Don't know for sure, and since mine doesn't honk in either scenario I'm not likely to experiment!

Google search is your friend!

(Edit: I didn't realize that people had already posted the solution a few hours ago. I thought I was at the end of the thread, but it was just the end of that page!)

Me beginning to wonder if this was possible coincided closely with reading this thread.
Thank you for your response.

Last edited:

Jbrazeal

I placed my order a few weeks ago and I've gotten... absolutely nothing. Other than the 10% being charged to me, of course. I even reached out via email about next steps in the process and I'm still awaiting a reply. Kinda frustrating, just give me something.
I ordered mine in August. Just got it last Friday (3/12/21). I was able to reach John about three times. I had better luck calling later in the day. I found that if you keep trying he will eventually answer. The main thing is make sure your order is correct, then, sit back and wait. It’s totally worth it and I would do again. They make a great product and they are very busy.

Last edited:

Jbrazeal

Looking for ideas on how to mount 4 Maxtrax on the roof ahead of my solar panel. Anyone done it?

Here’s how I’m set up now:
View attachment 640340
That looks great! Can you share how you mounted the panel and ran the wiring. My J30 came with two Yakima mounts towards the front. Thinking maybe I could remove the mounts and use the same holes for a rail like yours. I really don’t want to drill into the top, but I really want to add a solar panel. Thanks!

Jbrazeal

Hey, wanted to share a couple things on the J30. I ordered in August and received in March. I was planning on driving to CA and have it installed, but due to the surge of COVID babies I had to cover a coworkers shifts for maternity leave. This honestly worked out well. It would have cost more to drive from TN to CA than to have it shipped. With shipping I saved the California sales tax and with the cost of the crate I ended up getting $40 back.

When picking up the crate. I used a Uhaul 8 x 12 open trailer. The crate cleared with about 1” on either side. When I got home I had to use a reciprocating saw and cut the crate apart. While doing this I had previously asked 4 guys to come over to help lift it onto the Jeep. You need 4 guys

Make sure, you add the sticky foam to the camper side rear area before you place on the Jeep. We had to lift it back off the Jeep to add.

Last, the instruction read that the white wire attaches to the brake light. This wire was blue on my wiring harness.

When we got it installed it as dark and trying to rain and I haven’t taken any other pictures of it.

6A29EE39-ED23-4C02-A500-8B791A454214.jpeg38617B90-1531-4854-AE5C-011BAFBBB2C6.jpeg

ventura911

Adventurer
That looks great! Can you share how you mounted the panel and ran the wiring. My J30 came with two Yakima mounts towards the front. Thinking maybe I could remove the mounts and use the same holes for a rail like yours. I really don’t want to drill into the top, but I really want to add a solar panel. Thanks!

The J30 came with the Thule rail option and I mounted the solar panel with brackets from DIYvan.com (http://m.ebay.com/itm/131702371613?_mwBanner=1). Note: You’ll want to measure between the two tracks and know the dimensions of your solar panel. You’ll give the measurements to Hein, the owner, so he can make the short block pieces the right length to match up with your solar panel.AE4744D6-19BF-4406-9B80-6A0634BBE219.jpeg
The wiring runs through a hole at the right-rear corner of the top, then joins the wiring pocket in the tent before going to a solar controller inside the cargo area. UMV ran the wiring when they installed the top, so I’d defer to them for other questions on how they prefer to wire for solar.
CC8759F0-CAB6-4EFD-8FDE-520F8B457D1D.png
6BA11DCE-9C06-4FA7-88DC-AC4FA73EB3BE.jpegI recently replaced the rails with longer ones and had them installed at Rack Attack in Santa Monica (https://www.rackattack.com/), where they were able to re-use the existing holes and carefully continue along top of the camper hinges.

I just received some additional brackets and 80/20 bars and will be putting together a mount for the Maxtrax soon.

Last edited:

Jupiter58

Hey, wanted to share a couple things on the J30. I ordered in August and received in March. I was planning on driving to CA and have it installed, but due to the surge of COVID babies I had to cover a coworkers shifts for maternity leave. This honestly worked out well. It would have cost more to drive from TN to CA than to have it shipped. With shipping I saved the California sales tax and with the cost of the crate I ended up getting $40 back.

When picking up the crate. I used a Uhaul 8 x 12 open trailer. The crate cleared with about 1” on either side. When I got home I had to use a reciprocating saw and cut the crate apart. While doing this I had previously asked 4 guys to come over to help lift it onto the Jeep. You need 4 guys

Make sure, you add the sticky foam to the camper side rear area before you place on the Jeep. We had to lift it back off the Jeep to add.

Last, the instruction read that the white wire attaches to the brake light. This wire was blue on my wiring harness.

When we got it installed it as dark and trying to rain and I haven’t taken any other pictures of it.

Great info!
Got any pics yet??????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great info, got any other pics yet?

wandererr

Adventurer
Howdy! Looking to order one, and I'm trying to make some decisions. One of the decisions that I'm struggling with is which roof rack mount: yakima or thule and adjustable or not?

My main need is to mount a cargo she'll to carry camping chairs and a shower tent for the boss ;). I already discussed the weight and such with John but now the question is which roof rack mounts? Any recommendations? Or opinions as to which ones are better then the others?

Btw I have the cargo she'll and all I need is the rack and crossbars.

Also - any opinions on ladders for the side/back? I saw some folks reference various ones and talk about modifying the mounts but while skipping through pages I didn't see any posts as to how they worked out (I admit that I didn't read all the pages as there are 158 of them ;) )

Trying to make a decision quick so that I can make up my mind if and what to order tomorrow.

Thanks!

wandererr

Adventurer
Ended up calling and chatting with John twice - once yesterday and once today.... and my order is in!!!!!!!!! Sad thing is that we have a trip at the end of April but I'm hoping that we can get it for the Thanksgiving holiday! ;)

Now I'm after a ladder for one side and trying to decide on adding the ARB awning in the back... thoughts from those that have the awning in the back - you use it often? rare? Mostly I'd be using it to shield from the sun as I'm in SoCal and most places/times I'll travel to will be rainless ;)

TArnett

We're using the Xtend & Climb 785P (8.5') telescoping ladder. Much better than another telescoping ladder I purchased about 10 years ago - no binding on raising or lowering. As to the ARB awnings I ordered side mounts on the driver and passenger side so we could switch the single awning if needed. Also went with the rear that we use much less, but do not regret getting. Having the rear also makes closing the top a bit more challenging when you have to compress additional blankets/pillows.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2dd.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles