Ursa Minor Pop-Top Jeep JK

DallasJKU

Adventurer
What? Took me about a week to sell mine. None of these sit for long ever unless they're beat up or damaged.

I guess it depends on where you live. The one I posted from Austin had been listed for at last 3 months and his price was basically for what the Jeep was worth stock. Not one dollar extra for aftermarket or Ursa Minor. When it was first posted it was posted for $15-20K higher.

rubicon91

Explorer
I guess it depends on where you live. The one I posted from Austin had been listed for at last 3 months and his price was basically for what the Jeep was worth stock. Not one dollar extra for aftermarket or Ursa Minor. When it was first posted it was posted for $15-20K higher.

Yes selling the Jeep as well is why it has not sold. I mean if you look around Austin I bet you see a ton of Jeeps not sold that are priced too high with a ton of upgrades. If he put the UM up for sale by itself then it would sell pretty quick. That was the point in my first post it isnt the UM that is the issue it is the Jeep as a whole.

DallasJKU

Adventurer
Yes selling the Jeep as well is why it has not sold. I mean if you look around Austin I bet you see a ton of Jeeps not sold that are priced too high with a ton of upgrades. If he put the UM up for sale by itself then it would sell pretty quick. That was the point in my first post it isnt the UM that is the issue it is the Jeep as a whole.

He offered it to me for $14K with the Goose Gear. I laughed at that offer.

rubicon91

Explorer
That’s the way it is with all Jeep parts in the beginning. Being on my 4th JK, I know parts are worth at most 30 cents on the dollar.
I dont know if I would go that low. I buy and sell Jeep stuff all the time and I am on my 6th Jeep 3rd JK. Usually 50-60% of new for most things is what I sell and see for stuff moving around where I am. Now specialty items like mopar half doors, etc totally different ball game. But yes I hear you most think they can recover what they initially spent on their Jeep. I have entirely way too much into mine to ever think I will get rid of it. If I do I will take a huge loss or someone offered me the right amount to walk away from it. Hoping for the 2nd option haha!.

86scotty

Cynic
Anyone wanting to move an Ursa should do two things. First, be on the east side of the US or drive it there themselves. That saves $1500 on the shipping cost of the behemoth and is a big draw for many people. Second, sell it off the Jeep. The pool of people with funds to buy a turn key Expo Jeep is small, however the pool of current Jeep owners wanting to up their RTT game is huge. Simple economics there.

larock1971

Anyone wanting to move an Ursa should do two things. First, be on the east side of the US or drive it there themselves. That saves $1500 on the shipping cost of the behemoth and is a big draw for many people. Second, sell it off the Jeep. The pool of people with funds to buy a turn key Expo Jeep is small, however the pool of current Jeep owners wanting to up their RTT game is huge. Simple economics there.

I completely agree with your second point. I recently found a Gobi 2018 JKU Sport with an Ursa Minor priced at $28k, well below the blue book. The seller told me he had potential buyers look at it, but they couldn't understand how they'd use the Ursa Minor. He could have easily sold off the top separately for $5K and the Jeep for his asking. He ended up selling it to my cousin for even less than his asking!

I also go a smokin deal on my Ursa Minor from a guy who traded in the Jeep, but the dealer didn't know what they'd do with the top so they told him to keep it/sell it himself.

cybercat

Adventurer
I've had mine up for sale in the SW a little longer than a month.

Wilsonian

I don't love the ladder, because it advertises to people they should climb up there when you're asleep...

AEV now sell their rails that run along the tub, which would be a perfect step for climbing up the tire.
390eec9851cdac079772c328ef2b3e85.jpg

-Dan
Would you do this on both sides of the Jeep?

JB30

I think so, yes.
I have not actually done it, I just scramble up the tire which works well enough.

-Dan

It’s a shame that they require the corner guards. That’s basically $600 for some steps. Called them to ask if they would work without them, and they were predictably cautious about not buying the whole set.

I still foolishly believe they’d hold up on their own, but it would be an annoying lesson to learn if it buckled.

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
It’s a shame that they require the corner guards. That’s basically $600 for some steps. Called them to ask if they would work without them, and they were predictably cautious about not buying the whole set.

I still foolishly believe they’d hold up on their own, but it would be an annoying lesson to learn if it buckled.

I have never seen them in real life up close.. so take this with a grain of salt, but I assume they bolt right through the tub (at least the lower mounting hole).. if that's the case I'd but a massive plate on the inside (like a big washer) and I would feel very comfortable they wouldn't buckle the sheet metal.

-Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles