Ursa Minor Pop-Top Jeep JK

shays4me

Willing Wanderer
Not a shadow, but the updated Rhino Rack BatWing fits and works spectacularly on the standard Ursa Minor brackets
It’s also half the price of the shadow and about 15lbs lighter.

9f7115f968a761c22c9d0f9258ae1eaa.jpg
167243d2cca129d3a9798dfa0c34dbfe.jpg
ad42832893980fb1c1adec295e4a0aeb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is this the compact or full sized version of the awning? Do you have four mounts or just the two? Also I see your latches are mounted up front so I assume this awning only works with the older type latch mounting. Thanks, just ordered mine and I want to make sure I get what I want!

rubicon91

Explorer
Is this the compact or full sized version of the awning? Do you have four mounts or just the two? Also I see your latches are mounted up front so I assume this awning only works with the older type latch mounting. Thanks, just ordered mine and I want to make sure I get what I want!
you have to tell John if you want your mounts up front. if you run a arb 2500 or 280 degree awning you are gonna need them up front. you can call and have him adjust the latches if you need to

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

shays4me

Willing Wanderer
you have to tell John if you want your mounts up front. if you run a arb 2500 or 280 degree awning you are gonna need them up front. you can call and have him adjust the latches if you need to

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
It looks like the compact batwing from rhino rack may not need the latches moved, that’s why I’m asking what length the one in the pic is.

Gear

Explorer, Overland Certified OC0020
Rhino Rack Batwing Compact fits just fine using the 3 rearward awning/Ursa Minor brackets. With the Compact there is no need to move the front latches. I am using a Force Protection Gear Field Blanket as a side wall in the photograph. 8F5F2706-0093-432B-B872-7D903D3AD3B1.jpeg

DallasJKU

Adventurer
Rhino Rack Batwing Compact fits just fine using the 3 rearward awning/Ursa Minor brackets. With the Compact there is no need to move the front latches. I am using a Force Protection Gear Field Blanket as a side wall in the photograph. View attachment 539359

Your Jeep provides me with inspiration. I really want an Ursa Minor, but can't justify the expense at this time.

larock1971

I bought my Ura Minor top used, so didn't get to pick options. I always wished I had the Map Pockets I heard we're so useful. They are listed on UrsaMinorParts.com but have always been "sold out", but I lucked out and saw they were in stock over the weekend. I ordered them, easy install. Dropped the headliner, pulled all my patches off, found some fuzzy side velco to cover the hook side Velcro on the Map Packets, slid the onto the headliner, cut holes for the four corner bolts, screwed the headliner back in, and pulled off the fuzzy side Velcro. I'm pretty happy with the outcome.

4E337AF2-98F3-4A8E-A28B-959D4B197471.jpeg D3AD412B-47E8-4316-8CD4-EB0D7F478288.jpeg DBF1CC96-603A-4EE1-BD2F-2F5462EEED14.jpeg

Last edited:

zachgs

I bought my Ura Minor top used, so didn't get to pick options. I always wished I had the Map Pockets I heard we're so useful. They are listed on UrsaMinorParts.com but have always been "sold out", but I lucked out and saw they were in stock over the weekend. I ordered them, easy install. Dropped the headliner, pulled all my patches off, found some fuzzy side velco to cover the hook side Velcro on the Map Packets, slid the onto the headliner, cut holes for the four corner bolts, screwed the headliner back in, and pulled off the fuzzy side Velcro. I'm pretty happy with the outcome.

View attachment 539552 View attachment 539553 View attachment 539554

Nicely done! The map pockets were something that I really thought was extraneous but I actually used them a bunch on my recent trip. I’d say go for it for anyone not the fence.

86scotty

Cynic

View attachment 539552 View attachment 539553 View attachment 539554

Those are what I miss most since I sold my Ursa, at least so far. I suppose if I actually was camping I might miss the rest of it.

shays4me

Willing Wanderer
I'm looking for ideas on where to place my factory GPS antenna. I see Maximus 3 offers a mount for the passenger visor. Has anyone used this with an Ursa Minor top or something else? I've seen the factory antenna mounted on the cowl and that might be the way I go but I want to see what other options there are before drilling my cowl. Is there a good aftermarket antenna or mount option that you use?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles