Ursa Minor Pop-Top Jeep JK

TXgator

Ok, this is a practical question for those among you who drove to San Diego to get your new J30 installed. What did you do with your old hard top once Ursa Minor removed it from your Jeep? You obviously can't haul it back if you're from out of town, and selling it locally in SD at a moment's notice is probably not easy, so what did you decide to do with it?

rubicon91

Explorer
Ok, this is a practical question for those among you who drove to San Diego to get your new J30 installed. What did you do with your old hard top once Ursa Minor removed it from your Jeep? You obviously can't haul it back if you're from out of town, and selling it locally in SD at a moment's notice is probably not easy, so what did you decide to do with it?

Outside of selling it when you get there a hard top would be out of the question. You would be much better off with a soft top on the Jeep and then store it inside if you want to take it back with you.

sbly

Observer
TXgator,

I don't know if it works for the San Diego shop but when we went to the Portland shop, we left our top with John and he sold it for us.

rustypayne

John told me they would sell it if I wanted them to (San Diego) but I ended up putting on my soft top to drive out and just stored it for the drive home.

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader

I put mine on the San Diego Craigs List, and a guy came to pick it up from John's shop while the J30 was going on.

-Dan

TXgator

Thanks guys, this was very helpful. BTW, has anyone managed to squeeze in a 52" wide Megamat on their top after removing the J30 mattress pads? I'm a bit spoiled camping with my Exped Megamat Duo as it's pretty unmatched in terms of comfort. But it's probably about 2" too wide for the J30.

86scotty

Cynic
It took me 6 hours, literally, to sell my hardtop on CL. There were several listed nearby for $12-1400. I advertised mine for $1000 and had $900 in my pocket 6 hours after listing. Maybe I shoulda asked more but I'm happy.

autarkus

I got lucky and sold mine for $1500 a couple of hours before I drove down topless. If you put it on Wrangler Forum or Craigslist, you should be able to get a decent price.

The guys at the shop were glad they didn't have to find a place to store another top and it saved time on the install.

rustypayne

I heard some rattling coming from my top and found the hook part of the latch on the passenger side had completely broken.

IMG_2014.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles