Ursa Minor Pop-Top Jeep JK

autarkus

Got to agree with the color match. Many thanks to 'goin camping' again for letting me see his J30. I got the same thing, I just need to do the camping. One thing I strongly suggest is that you inspect the top yourself. There was a paint run I caught when I was down in San Diego for the install and one I did not (passengers side, over the door). They fixed the first. Offered to fix the second, but I'm on the fence about driving down again for a minor cosmetic issue.

JB30

I never felt the color match was worth the significant price premium with the secondary effect of making the top more difficult to sell if you decide to move it down the road later.

Yeah I have had that thought. Then there’s also the fact my J30 is actually going to be ready ahead of schedule and already past painting stage...

Ya know... I should really get around to buying a Jeep one of these days.

sbly

Observer
We originally had a Gobi colored hard top and the wife wanted a Gobi colored J30. But after considering the price, the limited resale options (Gobi color) and the fact that mother nature will pin stripe this one also, we opted for the standard black.

Besides rubicon91, will there be any other J30's at ExPo East?

goin camping

Explorer
Got to agree with the color match. Many thanks to 'goin camping' again for letting me see his J30. I got the same thing, I just need to do the camping. One thing I strongly suggest is that you inspect the top yourself. There was a paint run I caught when I was down in San Diego for the install and one I did not (passengers side, over the door). They fixed the first. Offered to fix the second, but I'm on the fence about driving down again for a minor cosmetic issue.

Very happy t hear you got your J30!

If you want to go camping in the desert. Just let me know. I go at least every month.

goin camping

Explorer
Think the white color matched J30 is an absolute thing of beauty. For some reason haven't seen a lot of darker color Jeeps that have gone the matched route.

I think black goes better with the darker colored jeeps than it does with lighter colors.

I got a white jeep and color matched the top because I am a desert rat and I love reflecting all the heat away I can.

ExploringJeeps

We have a black Jeep, bought the white top. I didn’t mind it, but it did look like we were driving around with a mattress on top of the Jeep. I bought some boat hull paint and painted it dark grey. I actually love the color. It breaks it up so it isn’t a huge black block up there. It isn’t easy though. I’m going to repaint this winter to get rid of a few brush strokes. The white top was a thing of beauty I would like the grey to look as nice. Will take a lot of sanding and careful painting.

Sbly: We will be at Overland Expo East too.TetonsFall2018_TGA3.JPG

Last edited:

rubicon91

Explorer
We originally had a Gobi colored hard top and the wife wanted a Gobi colored J30. But after considering the price, the limited resale options (Gobi color) and the fact that mother nature will pin stripe this one also, we opted for the standard black.

Besides rubicon91, will there be any other J30's at ExPo East?
I'll post any others that I see for you guys if you are not going. About an hr away enjoying the piece and quiet of camp. Had debated on doing the kick off event but I decided I was too far away to worry about it at this time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

rubicon91

Explorer
We have a black Jeep, bought the white top. I didn’t mind it, but it did look like we were driving around with a mattress on top of the Jeep. I bought some boat hull paint and painted it dark grey. I actually love the color. It breaks it up so it isn’t a huge black block up there. It isn’t easy though. I’m going to repaint this winter to get rid of a few brush strokes. The white top was a thing of beauty I would like the grey to look as nice. Will take a lot of sanding and careful painting.

Sbly: We will be at Overland Expo East too.View attachment 482703
Awesome see you there.

sbly

Observer
J30 owners, I have a question if you have a second. Does anyone have a Maximus 3 tire carrier? If so any issues with the hinge brackets creating a standoff between the top edge of the tailgate and the gasket on the bottom rear glass?

Rubicon91 and exploringjeeps see you at the expo.

ExploringJeeps

Sbly, it was great to meet you guys at the expo. Your Jeep looked great. For your tailgate, does the tire carrier interfere with the glass or trim? I looked at their website and I can’t see how it could. Can you attach a photo? Also do you have any foam on your tail gate? My tailgate is clean and I just have the rubber strip under the glass. It’s too bad we couldn’t have parked them side by side for better comparison.

Ultralite

Adventurer
Awesome see you there.

I’m trying to follow this on my phone via Tapatalk, hope I’m getting it right:

rubicon91, that was your Jeep at the Goose Gear booth? If so, thanks for taking the time to show me the J30 and answer my tons of questions. My first time seeing a J30 in person. It was great. Seriously considering one now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rubicon91

Explorer
I’m trying to follow this on my phone via Tapatalk, hope I’m getting it right:

rubicon91, that was your Jeep at the Goose Gear booth? If so, thanks for taking the time to show me the J30 and answer my tons of questions. My first time seeing a J30 in person. It was great. Seriously considering one now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes that was me at the goose gear booth. It was great talking with you as well.

JB30

Finally joined the J30 family. Drove from LA to San Diego before sunrise for the install, and eventually made it to Joshua Tree just after sunset for her maiden voyage. Loving every minute of it! Thank to everyone here who took the time to answer questions / show off their tops.172C4FDA-1187-43B7-A3F0-EA39C0D653F0.jpeg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior