Ursa Minor Pop-Top Jeep JK

Bugspray

Adventurer
Heres our Ruby under the shade of an ancient cottonwood tree in UT. Shes a 2008 JKUR and we added a J30 in April. We have a bunch of other junk(fridge etc.) in the trunk if anyone is interested I can add more pics. IMG_3418.JPG

anonomoto

Does anyone besides UtahGuido have any pictures or instructions on hoisting their tops? The pictures he posted are great, but just wanted to see if anyone else had any different methods or tricks. Are there any youtubes showing a complete removal?

shays4me

Willing Wanderer
So now that these have been out for a while, does anyone on here that's had theirs for a while keep it on the Jeep full time? I would be interested in buying one if it could be a permanent addition and I could just leave it on. Sorry, I haven't followed this thread for a while as I've been JK-less for a couple years while the kids were still at home.

andypap

So now that these have been out for a while, does anyone on here that's had theirs for a while keep it on the Jeep full time? I would be interested in buying one if it could be a permanent addition and I could just leave it on. Sorry, I haven't followed this thread for a while as I've been JK-less for a couple years while the kids were still at home.

You don’t have to take it off if you don’t want to. I plan on leaving mine on permanently. Going topless is what my LJ is for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Presto88

Adventurer
I keep talking about taking it off and driving the Jeep without a top, but I never do. The problem is, the time of year when I'd like to drive around without a top is also the time of year when I like to camp.

I installed it two summers ago and it hasn't left the Jeep since. It makes a nice permanent hard top. The sleeping area does a really great job of insulating the cabin of the Jeep from the hot summer sun. The ceiling in the cabin of the Jeep just never gets hot at all.

pdxfrogdog

Adventurer

I would bet most J30 owners leave it installed on their JKU full-time. I do.

goin camping

Explorer

Have not taken mine off since original install.

No top season is very short out here in the Mojave. Seemed like a PIA to take it off for two weeks a year.

shays4me

Willing Wanderer
I'd love to buy one! Hopefully they're still producing them in a few years. It's going to be a bit before I can afford it...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles