Ursa Minor Pop-Top Jeep JK

ExploringJeeps

Justin and JDaPP, thank you for the responses. That is great news. Carrying fuel that way just makes so much sense. If it is kept clean and there is no smell, I see no better option. Now all I need to do is save up for it.
Thanks again,
Tom

UtahGuido

Here’s a simple tarp setup using an REI 16’ square camp tarp. I think a 12’ tarp might end up being handier, and a darker material would provide more shade ( like the Kelly Noah) but the idea would be the same.

I rigged this up in the driveway using whatever I could find to attach the side lines to. Out camping you could use stakes or whatever else you could hook a line to. The center seam of the tarp runs longitudinally from a line strung across the front of the camper, over the top, and back to an adjustable pole that holds up the back end. Looks like this:

E14E633F-528C-46E3-9FF5-19EE6618C375.jpeg7FB70F26-81FF-4717-9FFA-5E7127972C96.jpeg65F190F5-14CE-413E-ABD8-51A9A2640726.jpeg

Maybe not that elegant but I think it will work pretty well.

pdxfrogdog

Adventurer
Congrats! It will take some patience, but you will receive a really well designed and very well built pop-up camper. I love mine.

autarkus

Also placed an order recently. Also waited more than 3 years to pull the trigger. Between Goin Camping being super kind for letting me check out his top and Dan Grec providing inspiration, I finally did it.
If you don't mind, what was the placing the order process like?

Adding my input, for more feedback. I spoke with John on the phone a couple of times. He took my order right there and discussed options. Charged the card for the deposit the same day. I bugged him a couple days later to email over the order info. The process was really easy to get rolling and he was very helpful. No pressure, took the time to talk, assured me we could make any changes if I changed my mind before they were done. Expecting to head down next month for the install.

rustypayne

ratled

I just ordered straight off the website which works but web design isn't their primary focus LOL If I called first I'd ask a bunch of questions, then think about it more, wait longer... figured it was best to just do the deed first then call and ask my questions. I went very simple for placing the order, added an awning, 12v & USB at both ends and the organizer. I don't need them to do my solar but thinking about asking to have a pass through for the wiring done there so I don't have to cut holes in anything.

I will probably have mine shipped here to Michigan but need to ask some questions yet before deciding that for sure.

Rusty...

JARunning

ratled

I just ordered straight off the website which works but web design isn't their primary focus LOL If I called first I'd ask a bunch of questions, then think about it more, wait longer... figured it was best to just do the deed first then call and ask my questions. I went very simple for placing the order, added an awning, 12v & USB at both ends and the organizer. I don't need them to do my solar but thinking about asking to have a pass through for the wiring done there so I don't have to cut holes in anything.

I will probably have mine shipped here to Michigan but need to ask some questions yet before deciding that for sure.

Rusty...

One thing I did wrong on mine when ordering... if you’re going to do a longer awning (like batwing or 2500mm arb), ask them to put the latches in front rather than the standard way on the side.
I had to move mine, would have been much easier to have had them do it that way to begin with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bam2413

Observer
Highly recommend the deluxe awning room as well! Adds a lot of room to hang out in...

Attachments

• 32B56C00-EDA7-4319-B80B-66D75D5321B7.jpeg
    32B56C00-EDA7-4319-B80B-66D75D5321B7.jpeg
    195.9 KB · Views: 151

rubicon91

Explorer
I ordered mine for the 2000 awning, you're making me reconsider.

I like having the 2000 on mine. Idk if I would want the bigger one maybe if I had more than me going out most of the time. I am going to order the room for it eventually. I also had John add awning brackets to the rear. I keep either a rear awning or a road shower unit on that. 2nd pic shows it installed. I can quickly remove it when I want to. Currently it is mounted full time as we are now into the beach time of the year here so it is handy to have after a day at the beach to hose everyone off.

Attachments

• IMG_20180311_193516_051.jpg
    IMG_20180311_193516_051.jpg
    777 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_20180217_142246_969.jpg
    IMG_20180217_142246_969.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 195

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles