Ursa Minor Pop-Top Jeep JK

goin camping

Explorer
Mojave in May is great weather. Not too hot or cold. Also They're gonna lock me up up in hospital in March and April to recover...

Three day long weekend work?

Presto88

Adventurer
Mojave in May is great weather. Not too hot or cold. Also They're gonna lock me up up in hospital in March and April to recover...

Three day long weekend work?

A 3 day weekend is about all I can realistically hope for. But you definitely shouldn't plan anything around my preferences because I'm going to be that guy that can't really commit until a week before it happens.

Work is weird. It might be that I could take the whole damn week off and nobody would care, but it's just as likely that I'll be working all weekend. I guess we take the bad with the good.

Please keep me in the loop regarding plans though.

goin camping

Explorer
A 3 day weekend is about all I can realistically hope for. But you definitely shouldn't plan anything around my preferences because I'm going to be that guy that can't really commit until a week before it happens.

Work is weird. It might be that I could take the whole damn week off and nobody would care, but it's just as likely that I'll be working all weekend. I guess we take the bad with the good.

Please keep me in the loop regarding plans though.

Just keep checking the thread and with any luck you can jump in and go.

I suggested a three day as most do work but can drive out to a meeting place Friday night where we can camp and then head out into the boonies for Sat and Head home Sun morning.

However, nothing is set in stone so what does the collective think?

Last edited:

Eagle05

Adventurer
Current J30 Owners,

I've been asking around but have not received an answer that confirms one way or another if the Alu-Cab Shadow Awning will be sufficiently supported by the UM installed awning brackets. It looks like the Eezi-Awn Manta operates similarly, but I wonder if the hard top itself is strong enough to hold up the extended Shadow Awning without support poles like it's designed. Thoughts?

Also, have any of you notified your insurance company after installing the new camper top? It's definitely not a cheap option and I'd hate to be out the dough should a catastrophic event occur to my Jeep. Did they end up raising your rates significantly?

Thanks in advance,
From a future owner.

Presto88

Adventurer

I suggested a three day as most do work but can drive out to a meeting place Friday night where we can camp and then head out into the boonies for Sat and Head home Sun morning.

That sounds just perfect to me! If you get something together I'm gonna really try to make it!

KellyM

Adventurer

Friday to Sunday sounds good to me.

KellyM

Adventurer
Current J30 Owners,

Also, have any of you notified your insurance company after installing the new camper top? It's definitely not a cheap option and I'd hate to be out the dough should a catastrophic event occur to my Jeep. Did they end up raising your rates significantly?

Thanks in advance,
From a future owner.

My insurer wanted the price of the J30 only, and told me to keep the receipts for my other mods in case of a claim. USAA did not raise my rates because of the J30.

Eagle05

Adventurer
My insurer wanted the price of the J30 only, and told me to keep the receipts for my other mods in case of a claim. USAA did not raise my rates because of the J30.

Thanks for the info. That's basically what I was thinking, and hoping to hear.

ventura911

Adventurer
So, after reading a review of the new Eezi-Awn Stealth RTT, I'm wondering if the J30 can be modified with similar quick-release bungees so it self-tucks, too. Anyone done this?

IMG_0484.jpg

Likewise, has anyone added support struts?

IMG_0488.jpg

Presto88

Adventurer
Mine doesn't require hardly any "tucking". I just lower it most of the way and then make one walk around the Jeep pushing it in.

And mine doesn't need extra struts either. The first night I used it I lowered the post inside, just because I thought that's what I had to do. Ever since then I haven't even bothered with that because the top stays up on its own.

dirtlimo

Observer
Mine doesn't require hardly any "tucking". I just lower it most of the way and then make one walk around the Jeep pushing it in.

And mine doesn't need extra struts either. The first night I used it I lowered the post inside, just because I thought that's what I had to do. Ever since then I haven't even bothered with that because the top stays up on its own.

X2...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles