Ursa Minor Pop-Top Jeep JK

Samuelwoo

Great setup!

I'm trying to figure out the right suspension given the extra weight of the J30. What suspension lift did you go with? Thanks.

Stopbit

Currently running a rough country budget boost 2.5" but having an Old Man EMU 2" lift with Extra heavy load coils in rear and steering stabilizer installed this week. The budget boost did ok but with all my gear the rear did sag a little.

Great setup!

I'm trying to figure out the right suspension given the extra weight of the J30. What suspension lift did you go with? Thanks.

Idahoan

Adventurer
I put on the AEV 2.5 dual sport. I dont notice any difference in handling or how it sits when it's loaded up.

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Awesome pictures Stopbit! :beer:
When you guys with the Ursa Minor camp for the night, what do you use to level your Jeep?

bigfish

Observer
Currently running a rough country budget boost 2.5" but having an Old Man EMU 2" lift with Extra heavy load coils in rear and steering stabilizer installed this week. The budget boost did ok but with all my gear the rear did sag a little.
Please share your results. I too am considering the 2620 springs.

Stopbit

Awesome pictures Stopbit! :beer:
When you guys with the Ursa Minor camp for the night, what do you use to level your Jeep?

I have not found a need to level the jeep when camping so far but have considered getting a 10/pack of Lynx Levelers just in case.

KellyM

Adventurer
15771590831_a590e89dda_o.jpg

So, I replaced my rear swaybar with a Road Master 9/8" bar (part number 1129-132). It's the same unit that Earthroamer used on the XV-JP. It virtually eliminated the sketchy top heaviness my Jeep has. I have extra weight of solar panels and other stuff. It was pretty bad and set off the traction control several times on the highway. I'd highly recommend this mod to anyone with an Ursa or other RTT. In my mind, its a safety thing, and in all seriousness, it could save your life. I just thought I'd share.

Hey bigfish:

Any additional thoughts on the upgraded sway bar, and your solar setup? Do you have a dual battery arrangement as well?

thanks,

Kelly

MTSN

Explorer
The ride is so much better with the Old Man EMU 2" lift with 2620 rear coil springs. It does appear that I got .5 to 1 inch more lift over the BB lift.

View attachment 257881View attachment 257882View attachment 257883

This is a perfect setup and one I am considering right now as a replacement to my 100. Do you know the measurement from the ground to the highest point of your J30 while stowed by chance? I need to determine if it's too tall for garage parking at work and at home. I haven't been able to add a RTT to my 100, but it sits particularly high. Thanks and nice job!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles