Ursa Minor Pop-Top Jeep JK

emkay

Observer
Has anyone ever attached an awning to the "2nd gen." Ursa topper? If so, pics please :)

Sent via my bongo drums...

KellyM

Adventurer
Very nice looking rig. In my opinion, increasing the angle of the J30 and overall rear height has thus far been the best revision since the camper was introduced. Just makes sense that one would want to sit up. The awning accommodation was another excellent revision.

Thanks, Wade. I think the height is just right. My daughter found the Alite Butterfly chair that fits perfectly. Not the room of a Habitat, but both of us can sit in the chairs "upstairs" and read, and I am 6'2". I am thinking of some type of relatively quick release attachment for an awning and a ladder, but have not gotten around to sourcing the attachments yet.

geordie4x4

Observer
eeaa2428b3b382065d0e80755bddb780.jpg

What a great idea being able to bolt on a pop-up hard-top camper. Thanks for sharing the great photos.
I am in Australia so not sure if these tents are available over here yet although everything else Jeep seems to be here a few years after you guys have it.

I have never been into Jeeps, but after reading through this thread, looking at some of these neat and capable looking rigs, I might be converted.

I currently have a Nissan Patrol and a Chinese copy of the Maggolina hard shell RTT. I am thinking of upgrading to a better quality unit like the James Baroud Espace. But I also like this idea of having the camper built into the roof not sitting on racks on the top. I think it would be a big job to convert my roof to make a similar unit to this.

Do any of you know if there are other, universal fit versions of this Ursa Minor Pop Up?

Cheers
Geordie

Last edited:

MojaveKJ

Adventurer
My J30 was a hit this past weekend at the TUDOR Sports Car Series at Laguna Seca Raceway in Monterey, CA and in Pfeiffer campground in Big Sur. I had many people stop and ask about it. I now have a schpeel that I lay on folks who ask and I am almost out of product info cards.
ytu6a9u5.jpg

KellyM

Adventurer
My J30 was a hit this past weekend at the TUDOR Sports Car Series at Laguna Seca Raceway in Monterey, CA and in Pfeiffer campground in Big Sur. I had many people stop and ask about it. I now have a schpeel that I lay on folks who ask and I am almost out of product info cards.
ytu6a9u5.jpg

Looking good. When are you getting the new suspension?

MojaveKJ

Adventurer
Looking good. When are you getting the new suspension?

I think I am going to do the suspension last. My logic is that I want to see how much weight I'll need to choose the suspension to handle.

Next up is dual batteries. I wanted those before I add all the electric/electronic goodies I have in mind.

skates04

Adventurer
Just spent four nights sleeping in the J30 on a maze/utah trip , probably the best 4 nights sleep I have ever had camping. Only improvement I could ask for is to make the padding inside a little thicker. I have two exped syn 7 sleeping pads that are awesome though and fit in the J30 perfect width wise. Although with sleeping pads And two people getting in and out is tricky but well worth it.

pugagu4a.jpg
qymaju9u.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
Yes! Camping in Utah with the j30 were hands down the best camping days we've had as well.
We bought a really thick two person sleeping bag, and use one half of it laid underneath us. Big improvement in comfort. Although like your setup, getting up and down with two people can be tricky.

wbaker911

Great looking things
I considered the top when i had my element and even visited the folks in Chula Vista
Now need to think about the Jeep-I currently have a Cayenne Turbo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior