Ursa Minor Pop-Top Jeep JK

dmulk

Making my way through this gigantor of a thread and finally gave up after a couple visits to UM Chula Vista and page 131...placed my deposit today.

Now the waiting begins.

It's fortunate that I also live in Chula Vista just 10 miles (across town) from their southern shop as I realize communication can be an issue and I want to make sure that when my build starts that I get all the options I want the first time and also follow up if there are any fitment or quality issues.

If some of you thought they were only doing one top at a time....that's not the case....they are cranking out 4 at a time and they still have the back log....so....if you're on the fence....place your deposit and get in the queue. While the deposit is not refundable, with the demand they have right now I'm fairly certain you could flip your spot to someone else if you got in a pinch.

Right now for my JKU it looks like it's *9 Months* of waiting. That said, I'll likely get going in other mods and selling my FSR HC80 tent with Rhino rack backbone modded hard top. (Ping me if interested).

Looking forward to joining the club soon.

Dan
PS: In the last year or so I've done the ORBDR, WABDR, Northern IDBDR, SOCAL BDR, Southern NVBDR, Mojave RD, and some other trips. On deck is to finish the IDBDR, NVBDR and COBDR in July. Yeah, I'm committed to this Overlanding thing. :)

that_dude

Haven’t done anything further about the ceiling storage, but spent 4 days on the Mojave Road last week and had a great time with friends. Also got to try out the new Adapter Shade Panel from ForceProtector Gear. High-quality and versatile equipment that packs small.
View attachment 661846
View attachment 661847View attachment 661845
What do you have it lashed to on the corner of the Ursa? Looks like it’s maybe a removable ring? Looking forward to picking up a ASP too. I’m going to update my Ursa order to remove the rear awning brackets as this looks like a much better solution.

ventura911

Adventurer
Thanks for sharing. These look terrific. I had thought about Mac’s VersaTie rails on the top rather than Thule/Yakima rails. The idea was to have a versatile tie down option as I don’t have a set need for putting things on top of the camper.
If I had it to do over again, I would also consider VersaTie rails. Gear did a good job with his, as seen many pages back in post #2169:

Last edited:

sabjku

Observer
Just picked up a used J30. After owning multiple RTT’s and sleeping inside the Jeep with the Goose Gear setup, I can absolutely confirm this is by far the best setup! Zero regrets!

Attachments

Gear

Explorer, Overland Certified OC0020
Just picked up a used J30. After owning multiple RTT’s and sleeping inside the Jeep with the Goose Gear setup, I can absolutely confirm this is by far the best setup! Zero regrets!
Setup looks great! Just an FYI, if you want to cover up the exposed carpet/metal on the Goose Gear. You can add a piece of 80/20 approximately 35” long to the top. There are 3 holes to attach it using a 1/4-20 Allen head from the bottom up into the t-nut in the 80/20 track. From there you can add tie down loops to the 80/20. Unfortunately early on in the sales of this product folks where buying drawers for this location. That lead to the 80/20 rail being left out/omitted.

2E3C4F13-35CD-4122-9FE8-CF299F4338BF.jpeg

Suprmn1

Is there anyone out there thinking about placing an order? I am considering changing direction which may not allow for the Ursa Minor. I am going to make the final decision in the near future. I have paid a deposit and my estimated delivery date is 7/25/21. There is still plenty of time to adjust the order to your specs. I would be interested in recouping my deposit and turning my position over to someone else. Is there any interest? As a matter of fact, if you need a nicely build JKU rubicon to put it on, we could talk further. Thanks.

wandererr

Adventurer
Is there anyone out there thinking about placing an order? I am considering changing direction which may not allow for the Ursa Minor. I am going to make the final decision in the near future. I have paid a deposit and my estimated delivery date is 7/25/21. There is still plenty of time to adjust the order to your specs. I would be interested in recouping my deposit and turning my position over to someone else. Is there any interest? As a matter of fact, if you need a nicely build JKU rubicon to put it on, we could talk further. Thanks.
Too bad you didnt post this couple months back ;) I'd be all over that but I already have my order in with delivery sometime in October.

Suprmn1

o.k. I have made my final decision and I will not be able to move forward with the Ursa Minor. If anyone is interested in my position, please let me know. Once again, estimated delivery 7-25-21. Thanks.
** Follow up. I have talked with Ursa Minor. They were very nice and helpful. Unfortunately, orders cannot be transferred due to the large back log of waiting customers. They would consider it unfair to others waiting for someone to be able to leap frog in line. It makes sense to me and I think that is fair. Sorry to those whom had their hopes up for a transfer.

Last edited: