Ursa Minor J30 rubicon for sale

BVClimber

Observer
Life has a funny way of taking it where you want to go. That’s why we built up this awesome rig. Going wherever we wanted in a self supported rig for solo travel as a couple. My wife and I had a really awesome trip to Moab from Calgary Canada, and a bunch of trips into our local climbing areas. We built more rig than we needed on a day to day basis, but it ensured we wouldn’t get shut down by snow drifts or whatever on our ice climbing adventures.

We chose to open our own business and have a family, all at the same time. That, coupled with our dream adventure rig has taken a back seat and it’s not a priority anymore. So, the dream of spending a good chunk of our time on the road has been pushed back and it's time to pass on our rig. Bummer for us, good deal for someone else. Not many J30 jeeps come up for sale, or one that's built like this.

Build philosophy:
1. Keep it tough, and as reasonably light as we could. We wanted to go anywhere, but not get so heavy that it'd be unreliable and break parts because of durability.
2. Keep it as low profile as we could. Capable and subtle was the goal. We didn't want it to stand out. It has presence but, it's not over the top.
3. Every mod has a strictly functional purpose. Nothing is for show, and every component was thought out.
4. Quality. We went with the best components that we could afford for absolutely everything.

The Rig highlights:
1.Ursa Minor J30 camper, rear driver-side sliding window, body color sides, white fiber glass roof with external ladder mounted to camper/jeep, USB and 12v power outlets in the cab
2. Full synergy short arm 4.5 lift with adjustable fox resi shocks. 8 adjustable steps for shock rebound. Includes relocation brackets that raise up the shock mounts and has integrated skid plates
3. Synergy steering set up – Entirely built steering assembly. Way more beefy than stock, and way more protected.
4. upgraded factory dana 44 axels with artec trusses welded on front and rear, axel sleeves welded on - Greatly increases overall axel strength to reduce bending and a break from impacts
5. RVC axel shafts and Reid steering knuckles up front - raises track bar above axle housing, chromoly axle shafts in rear
6. dynatrac big brake upgrade kit front and rear, about 15,000 km on it. Stops insanely well for the tire size, very little nose dive.
7. 37 inch cooper S/T Maxx tires, and matching spare. The highway manors of these are amazing. They are quiet, and super burly when needed.
8. re-gearing to 4.88's, Yukon gears
9. Genesis dual battery kit, and SPOD system running dual optima yellow top deep cycle AGM batteries
10. ARB compressor mounted in engine bay with hose and pressure gauge
11. Storage rack in rear cargo area that makes an adjustable height shelf, made by Adventure Trailers
12. External 5 lb propane tank mounted with the Adventure trailers bracket
13. Fold down tailgate table by spring tail
14. A.E. Power muffler - super low profile and it greatly increases the departure angle. Sounds decent too
15. AEV heat reduction hood, snorkel, front and rear bumpers, rear tire carrier/swing arm, 17.5 inch Savegre wheels.
16. IPF front spot lights, Rigid Industry dually floods for ditch illumination, 1 for a rear back up light
17. Cobra CB radio, mounted in center console, totally hidden unless it's in-use. Firestick antenna
18. katskin leather interior seats, front are heated, switches installed from the dearlership
19. Duck-cloth rear cargo area cover. Super durable and really easy to clean, we have a dog and it keeps the hair down
20. Comes with Warn winch recovery bag including shackles, tow strap, tree saver and snatch strap, 48 inch high lift jack and spade, already mounted to the bumper.
21. JW Speaker LED headlights. These things are... bright.

Vehicle Specifics:

2014 6 spd manual 4 door Rubicon
130,000 kilometers
Nav, AC, Heated front seats installed by dealership

Build Notes:
With the re-gear to 4.88’s and the superchips with the mildest running tune and AEV snorkel, it runs pretty close to stock power. It pulls really well in 4th on a very steep hill in Cochrane at 80 km/hr. It is super quiet inside because of the camper insulation and the tire choice. These tires are way more capable than we thought they would be coming from a goodyear MTR. What else… it’s hard, there are so many things with a build like this. All in all, it’s really dependable and has been a reliable rig for us.

Price:

This rig is used, not abused. Everything is in drive off and go exploring shape. With the amount of cost just in parts, anyone who knows about a jeep will understand what this thing is worth. We could have gone a g-wagon route for the price… but this was a hell-of-a-lot more fun, and it’s a super unique vehicle.

$35,000 CAD

We can sell in Canada or the U.S.A. Only serious inquiries please. Contact me via email at chrismeginbir@hotmail.com

Note, these are the pictures I have on hand, I will be adding more detailing the rig highlights noted above.

Attachments

• 20160827_185550.jpg
    20160827_185550.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 2,155
  • Jeep Ghost.jpg
    Jeep Ghost.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 2,253
  • Jeep Nelson.jpg
    Jeep Nelson.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 2,351
  • WP_20150429_14_59_23_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150429_14_59_23_Pro.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 2,471
  • WP_20150430_08_43_40_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150430_08_43_40_Pro.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 2,351
  • WP_20150430_19_16_56_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150430_19_16_56_Pro.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 2,277
  • WP_20150430_19_19_28_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150430_19_19_28_Pro.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 2,089
  • WP_20150505_15_21_37_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150505_15_21_37_Pro.jpg
    353 KB · Views: 2,096
  • WP_20150505_15_33_09_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150505_15_33_09_Pro.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 2,126
  • WP_20150508_06_59_30_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150508_06_59_30_Pro.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 2,098
Last edited:

BVClimber

Observer
photos of the work underneath the rig added.

Attachments

• camper open side.jpg
    camper open side.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 971
  • external camper ladder.jpg
    external camper ladder.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 1,634
  • front steering assembly1.jpg
    front steering assembly1.jpg
    263.4 KB · Views: 973
  • front steering assembly2.jpg
    front steering assembly2.jpg
    337.1 KB · Views: 1,019
  • open front.jpg
    open front.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 1,032
  • rear axel, truss etc.jpg
    rear axel, truss etc.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 1,028
  • rear bumper and muffler clearance.jpg
    rear bumper and muffler clearance.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 1,060
  • side profile.jpg
    side profile.jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 1,017

BVClimber

Observer
Sorry for the late reply! I will send some shots in the next couple of days, but other than the fore-mentioned rack on the inside, and the canvas back cargo liner it's pretty stock. Reason being - we did all the mods possible underneath, and kept the vehicle for gear and people. I've used a bunch of north face duffle bags, and kitchen stuff in tupper wear has worked really well for us so there was no need to add a bunch of weight.

BVClimber

Observer
Hey, we actually didn't have it listed for a while and I forgot to pull this add. We have it re-listed, add will be up on autotrader and kijiji locally (calgary canada).

New price: $35k takes it (canadian)

Same mods, has 130,000 km in great shape. Used, not abused.

BVClimber

Observer
Bump, price of $26,500 USD. Get after it! This rig is in great shape mechanically, I get it looked over once a month. Used, not abused, and very much loved.

Brit711

IF you would consider selling the top by itself .... I am interested and could put a soft or hard top into the deal :)
IF any other Ursa Minor owners are here and looking to sell a top.... I am in Quebec.... but willing to travel. THX # four five zero 612 3431

BVClimber

Observer
Sorry, not looking to part out the jeep. It's all in!

Honestly, I am giving it away. We are in a tight spot and I'm not really wanting to sell, but it has to be done. This is a really good deal and I'm not hiding anything, everything is in really good condition.

Brit711

Sorry, not looking to part out the jeep. It's all in!

Honestly, I am giving it away. We are in a tight spot and I'm not really wanting to sell, but it has to be done. This is a really good deal and I'm not hiding anything, everything is in really good condition.
Unfortunately I already have a Jeep I love :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles