Upgraded 2020 Four Wheel Camper Fleet Flatbed - $38,000 - PENDING SALE

Basil.

Up for sale is an extremely well outfitted 2020 Four Wheel Camper Fleet flatbed. I had planned to take this camper from Alaska to Argentina on an 18-month long journey, but due to COVID-19, I don’t see this trip happening in the foreseeable future. The camper was built with no expenses spared. I wanted a camper that would give us ZERO issues while on the road, so I created my idea of the perfect Four Wheel Camper.
I had Four Wheel Campers build the base camper with the essentials for full-time living, but I left out any extra non-necessary items to keep the base simple. Knowing that my girlfriend and I were planning on living and working out of this camper for 18+ months, I added aftermarket accessories to the camper to make the space more useable, and the camper perform better than from the factory. Below is a list of the options from Four Wheel Campers, along with the aftermarket parts that were added.

Four-Wheel Camper Factory add ons
- Silver Spur exterior
- King bed upgrade
- Mechanical Camper Jacks
- Roof rack “Tracks only”
- Extra roof vent
- Hot water w/ Inside and outside shower
- Forced air furnace
- Flush mount sink/stove
- Exterior side Wall steps
- Thermal Pack
- 8 gauge wire + two ports on the roof for solar

Aftermarket add ons
- Dual Maxxair 10 speed Fans
- Airhead composting toilet
- Custom camper re-wire by Off-Grid Engineering (over 20 hours of work into the electrical
system alone)
- REDARC Manager 30 battery management system
- Xantrax pure sign wave 2000w inverter + remote screen
- Two 224ah 6v full river batteries
- DOMETIC CRX 65 12v fridge/freezer
- Black countertops
- Custom rear dinette table our of walnut

The most significant change to the factory camper is the alteration of the 110v and 12v systems. From the factory, the camper’s electrical system is set up to work well for short-term use, but with our plans of living full time in the camper, it needed a BIG upgrade. I worked with Matt Carter from Off-Grid Engineering to build the ultimate electrical system for a Four Wheel Camper, I wanted the ability to charge the camper’s batteries as efficiently as possible from shore power, solar, or the alternator, have the ability to plug in large draw items into the factory 110v ports and easily monitor the whole system. We started with re-wiring the camper’s charging system. We replaced the factory camper to alternator wiring with 4 gauge welding cable to accommodate the 30A charging rate of the REDARC and replaced the factory battery isolator with a REDARC Manager 30 that features DC to DC charging. The camper can take advantage of up to 520w of solar thanks to factory dual solar roof inputs, one ground input, an 8 gauge wiring upgrade, and the REDARC manager 30 (no solar panels included with the camper). The REDARC manager 30 also uses the factory shore power plug to charge from a household 110v outlet when available. REDARC’s manager 30 is an all in one battery management system, the unit will select the best available power input to charge the batteries and keep them at 100% (it’s green-friendly and uses solar first when available). The unit has an external display mounted in the campers cabinetry to show the current status of the entire charging system, including the amount of time to discharged or full, the current draw or input on the system in real-time, the amount of solar input over a period of time, and much more. Dual 224ah 6v batteries from Full River battery were added over the factory single 12v battery. I decided on two 6v batteries over lithium for reliability, the two batteries offer plenty of power for everyday usage. From the factory, the four-wheel campers 110v outlets only work when you’re connected to shore power; we added a Xantrax 2000w pure sign wave inverter into the camper and wired it into the factory system so that with a push of a button, you can have 110v power to your outlets anywhere. When the camper is plugged into shore power, the Xantrax uses a smart controller to switch over to the external 110v source not to put a draw on the camper’s batteries while you’re trying to charge them. The camper’s electrical system is one of a kind; it was designed to power anything I’d need anywhere and work on its own with very little maintenance.
Some of the other upgrades were a DOMETIC CRX 12v fridge/freezer with a lower 12v draw, better interior storage, and a stronger latch that won’t release while off-road. An Airhead composting toilet, no smell, easy to use, and no black tank to empty. Dual Maxxair fans that have 10 speeds of vent in or out, and the ability to open and use in the rain.

The camper was purchased in April of 2020 and does show some signs of use. The exterior has some small scratches from trees on tight trails, the vinyl has some marks from being opened and closed but is still 100% watertight and has no holes. The interior countertops have light scratches, the wallpaper near the bed slide has some damage, and one bungee for the interior vinyl broke its end hook. Other than that, the camper is in perfect working condition. We have had zero issues with any of the appliances and have not had to replace anything.

The camper is available at the end of November and is located in Denver, Colorado. I am working with Matt Carter at Off-Grid Engineering / Boulder Vehicle outfitters, to offer installation of the camper at the buyer’s expense. We can mount it onto an existing flatbed truck, modify your current truck with the addition of a flatbed (ranges from $3,000-20,000), or build you the vehicle of your dreams from the ground up. Shipping is also available at the buyer’s expense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier