**UPDATED PRICE** 2019 GXV Survival Basics on 2012 BAE SD Brazos Chassis - Upgrades and Storage Everywhere $348,000 No Wait Time

MTBYanik

The look of this rig is truly amazing!

How's the comfort of the driving cab? Any driving fatigue, or does this thing feel like the rolls-royce of overlanding? This is the first thought that comes to mind when looking at these older chassis.

Viperhauler

The look of this rig is truly amazing!

How's the comfort of the driving cab? Any driving fatigue, or does this thing feel like the rolls-royce of overlanding? This is the first thought that comes to mind when looking at these older chassis.
I don't find it uncomfortable, but it is required to be driven. The air suspension is a critical part in "comfort", in my opinion. The upright seating position doesn't allow for stretching out, compared to a 5500 chassis, for example, so while the ergonomics aren't uncomfortable, it's not a "swallow me into rich alcantara and massage me" kind of feel.
It's louder, but not difficult to have a conversation. If you wanted to wear headsets, you could, but that would only be a cool factor.
My only personal comparison is between a Kodiak chassis and a 4500/5500 Dodge, or F550 chassis, and I find that difference to be very similar on the Brazos chassis.
As it's owner has not been off road, I can only expect the seating position would allow for a better view while navigating, and the cab over design offers nearly an unobstructed view out of the cab, again, using the comparison of a 5500 chassis. I do find myself sitting more upright in the truck chassis when offroading, with or without a spotter - I don't know if it's a habit, but I'm trying to look over the hood, even though I know good and well I can't see through it. Here, there's no reason to.
My opinion (which you know what they say about opinions) is that it's a mix of both. It's a bit to absorb on the outside, more utilitarian of a sort, but inside the living quarters it turns into an entirely different rig with solid surface countertops, teak accents, and a quiet place to rest.

Viperhauler

Business opportunity offers massive price reduction.
$348,000 asking price and only a few more miles since ad was posted. Current mileage is right at 5,000.
Still never seen off road.
Feel free to reach out for more information or any other questions.
Thanks,
Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior