update 2017 Ram Crew Cab Diesel or 2017 FWC Hawk FLATBED

Mlachica

TheRAMadaINN on Instagram
Great setup. I'm showing my wife . Where is the spare tire ?

Yup! Gotta get wife on board!

Spare fits in the tunnel box (box between the camper and cab). It takes up a little less than half the box. The rest of the empty space in the tunnel box is used for dirty gear that we don't want in the camper. Such as inflatable stand up paddle boards, chairs, snowpeak fireplace, fishing poles...etc.

Sweet rig. GLselling. Question for you. Can you share the reason behind using a short bed truck vs a long bed truck for this set up? Since this truck is so well laid out Im sure a lot of thought went into this.

silvrzuki77

explorer
I think his flat bed is longer than a standard short bed truck. Having a short bed helps with departure angles and break over angles. Sweet setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mlachica

Nice vehicle. May be I missed it but what trim package is on the truck?

The RAM window sticker is attached to post #1 of this thread...are you able to view it? It's an SLT.

Sweet rig. GLselling. Question for you. Can you share the reason behind using a short bed truck vs a long bed truck for this set up? Since this truck is so well laid out Im sure a lot of thought went into this.

Great question. My first rig was a 2002 Tacoma, then a 1995 Landcruiser. For me, going to a ram was a big jump in size and my initial thoughts on the size scared me. So I really wanted to keep my turning radius to a minimum with the short bed frame. Glad I did as I feel like I can maneuver this like a fiat...now that I'm used to it. It's a crew cab short bed but with an 8' flatbed to accommodate the hawk and the tunnel box.

ClayW

The RAM window sticker is attached to post #1 of this thread...are you able to view it? It's an SLT.

Thank you very much - I missed the window sticker attachment when I read the first post. I must have been focused on what a cool setup you have :) I was able to open the attachment without a problem once I saw it. Thanks so much.

Mlachica

Lots of emails coming through. All of them have been answered. If I haven't replied to your email PM me!

Many requests for interior pics. Will upload them soon... No funny smells, tears or stains! ?

Mlachica

*UPDATE* I will consider separating. There has been interest in buying the camper and flatbed minus the truck.

Would there be interest in buying the truck, once the flatbed and camper have been removed?

It would be an excellent starting point for somebody who wants to personalize their bed/camper solution.

Last edited:

Mlachica

are you coming to overland east sir?

Sorry, I won't be making it to OEE. If you're interested, shoot me an email (address in text of first post) with your phone number and we can talk over the phone. been a lot of emailing lately, just easier to talk, maybe i'm old school haha.

Nice set up
Not a buyer but curious on the MPG and set up weight?

Last I weighed, full tank, full water & the whole fam loaded up for a trip I was at 11,600lbs, which is below gvwr if I remember correctly, or right at it.

Mind you it's not a daily driver so when we do drive, it's always a family affiar and usually involves multiple nights, meaning we're loaded. I average 11.1mpg. It depends on the load and the wind. My current tank is half empty from a day trip, and the tank average is 13.6mpg.

Arten Fab

Man, this makes me want to NOT sell my truck :unsure: !!! This pic was taken just before the total eclipse, along the path of totality, on some dirt road in Wyoming. Does not get much better than that, an experience my family will never forget.

I honestly don’t know why you’d sell it. Ya maybe you have to make some compromises but nothing and no set up is without compromise. Don’t fall into the grass always being greener trap.

The enemy of good is better.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles