Unstable Unimog

pat356jones

Get someone to take a look underneath (safe distance) hand brake on, put it in gear with the clutch up, ticking over!
1) is rear prop turning? if yes you have rear axle problem.
2) is front prop turning? if yes front axle
3) is prop turning into transferbox (more difficult to see) from gear box if yes transfer problem, if no clutch/gearbox problem
Also if you try to put it in gear with the engine running, does it grate/resist? if not clutch may be stuck down. does the clutch feel ok?

My guess is transfer stuck in nuetral!
Thanks! The clutch does feel OK and there is no resistance when I put it in gear but hopefully it's something simple. I've not needed to use it and am busy building roads on the property but will see if I can get someone out to look at the things you mentioned.

part time nomad

Adventurer
Ok, sorry guys, forgot that it has torque tubes ect!!!

What you could try though, is jacking up alternating wheels and looking for a difference in resistance, that may reveal/pinpoint a broken shaft or diff?

pat356jones

Ok, sorry guys, forgot that it has torque tubes ect!!!

What you could try though, is jacking up alternating wheels and looking for a difference in resistance, that may reveal/pinpoint a broken shaft or diff?
Thanks. We will try that. I can get any of the wheels off the ground using the backhoe. Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier