Universal bed rack for M101a2 trailer

Titan_Bow

I’ve back to working on my M101, not looking to do anything too radical with it. I don’t have the cargo canvas or bows, so I’m just trying to figure out some sort of alternative. I don’t really want to do a topper or camper shell on it, because I like having the flexibility of using it as just a utility trailer to haul things. I really would like a lower profile canvas and bows. The military bows that I’ve found on eBay and online, the shipping would cost more than the bows themselves. I don’t have or know anyone, who welds, so making my own that way is probably not an option.
One thing I noticed while out last weekend, on a Tacoma, was an RCI bed rack. I’ve been looking online and I see there are some universal bed racks but I haven’t seen one specifically for a full-size bed. Anyone ever seen or put one of these style racks on an M101 trailer?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gatorgrizz27

If you’re not putting a lot of weight on the top, why not just use 1/2” or 3/4” EMT conduit and a manual bender?

old_CWO

I have seen a photo floating around the web of a red quarter ton trailer with a low profile canvas cover. The frame underneath was made using prefab pipe connectors that are normally seen for tarp shelters. It looked pretty good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz