Unique custom cruisers on All4Adventure (Australia)

tanglefoot

ExPoseur
Came across these guys on Youtube. I imagine they're on TV in Oz. At first, I was thinking they were driving 70-series tray-backs. Turns out one's a 200-series V8 with the body chopped off behind the rear doors, the wheelbase extended and a tray/canopy added on the back....pretty gnarly.

stuck-truck.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hueKuzUHPG8

Hmm, so they've got one 70-series double-cab tray and the 200-series. I couldn't tell them apart at first. I can now.

Ah, this might not be new news--just saw the thread from Clutch in June. Oh well.

Last edited:

Rumpig

Adventurer
yes it is a television series that has been running in Australia for quite a few years now, and is pretty popular due to the fact it's not bombarded with blatant advertorials as much as most other shows of a similar theme here in Australia are (though it seems to be creeping into the show a touch more then it was). the original hosts were Jase and Roddo, but in the past few seasons Simon has taken over as Roddo's replacement. http://www.all4adventure.com/

stolz

Adventurer
See, Douglas knows. You can not watch full episodes on youtube, just highlight clips.

roscoFJ73

Adventurer
Man, those Aussies know a thing or two about pulling trailers thru the bush. That's impressive!

The problem is ,is that they encourage everyone to do it and pretty soon outback roads and tracks turn into sand dunes in the dry and quagmires in the wet.So then drivers who cant get through begin to make alternative tracks and
pretty soon we start seeing track closures.
It takes a lot of effort to pull a trailer over rough ground.
If you cant fit on the roof rack ,leave it at home.

Last edited:

r3run33

Adventurer
those are the guys that flipped a cruiser while winching on the beach a little while back; I love their show

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
I LOVE those tray Boxes... I'm still trying to work out a side-business model where I could feasibly and sustainabl'y import both these and the Aussie Ute-Beds (And other Toyota/Foreign 4wd Un-obtanium eventually) cause after you've used them you wonder how a "normal" pickup bed ever worked before.

Very cool stuff and thanks for posting aye. I believe that 200 is a D4D 4.5L TDV8 if I'm hearing the Turbo I think I'm hearing. Oh lord how I'd kill to have that engine in something this side of the pond. If you can make a Ute out o it, the Aussies have done it. Love it.

Cheers

Dave

Last edited:

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
The problem is ,is that they encourage everyone to do it and pretty soon outback roads and tracks turn into sand dunes in the dry and quagmires in the wet.So then drivers who cant get through begin to make alternative tracks and
pretty soon we start seeing track closures.
It takes a lot of effort to pull a trailer over rough ground.
If you cant fit on the roof rack ,leave it at home.

I'll agree with that and it does suck/cause a problem... out east where I lived (S.Central QLD), there was a REALLY neat area called "Orange Bowl" near Yepoon/Mackay that had gotten REALLY messed up by guys towing toy-haulers and other WAY overloaded trailers out into the dunes (along with some other stupidity). "Cut-offs" were everywhere and when you looked down on the track from up above you could see this horrible network of "new" tracks killing off the plant-life. Thankfully they put a pretty good stop to it and put in a type of raised drive-way into popular areas and left the real remote access areas to stand-alone vehicles/no trailers. Doubly fortunate is that the locals who use the area and were keen to see it kept open were very responsive and helped police the area... That's what I loved about Australia, no matter how frustrated you guys get with your local government it's nowhere NEAR as insane as US bureaucracy can get. Aussies have the term "Common sense" down pat and I love the country/it's people for it. It ain't perfect but it's closer to my kind of perfect then where I am now.

Cheers

Dave

KlausVanWinkle

Explorer
I've tried to figure out a way to watch this show in the US for years. No luck. I'd buy the DVDs but they seem to be DVDs and no blurays. I wish you could buy them on itunes or something.

faded

I've tried to figure out a way to watch this show in the US for years. No luck. I'd buy the DVDs but they seem to be DVDs and no blurays. I wish you could buy them on itunes or something.

You can stream it off the TV station website when the new season is airing (there's nothing there at the moment) I'd say you would be 'blocked' from viewing due to your location but that isn't exactly hard to get around that these days...
http://tenplay.com.au/channel-ten/all-4-adventure

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles