Unicorn 4 Sale: U-Joint, Advanture, Sportsmobile on a Ford E350 w/7.3 ** SALE Pending***

dtruzinski

Explorer
Oh I am so going to regret this. Three years ago I found this Unicorn hiding in Jaskson Hole, WY. The history of this is relatively short. In 2017, someone decided to take this base 2003 E350 cargo van and build an incredible expedition-worthy, yet very comfortable rig. First it went to U-Joint. If you look at their site, you will see 7.3 Steel Blue. That is this beast. It had the trans rebuilt, transfer case rebuilt, a 4WD conversion on coils with 6" lift to handle the 35's. It has all of the goodies like S-pod, onboard air, U-joint air bags, fresh paint, locking gas cap, fox shocks, and a 2008+ front clip. Then it went to Sportsmobile for a pop top with a penthouse bed...fully electric. Next to Advanture where the interior came to life with Toyota Sienna seats (that swivel), and a custom interior that maximizes the space and looks spectacular. Heart redwood cabinet faces add a final touch. They installed an Espar heater and an Isotherem 4.6L fridge freezer. There is a toilet stowed under a seat and out of the way. It has a high-end Kenwood stereo, some ************** amp, and five Polk audio speakers. It had a subwoofer, but I removed it to allow the driver's seat to move back further. The conversion appears to have been done around 112K miles. The individual I bought it from was not a builder and was not really interested in owning a true off-roader.

I have built a number of expo rigs and this has been my wife and my favorite (so why sell you ask...keep reading). The 7.3 does not need DEF or for that matter USLD. It can go anywhere in the world and there are plenty of parts for them. The best thing is that they are among the best pre-emission diesel engines you can buy (don't worry Cummin's fans, I love the 5.9's too). I removed the 200w solar system and put in 3 - 180w panels for a total of 540w. I replace the AGM house batteries with LiPo, Battleborn of course. I also added a front receiver and then did something rather clever with the winch. I mounted a new Ramsey 12000 h20 blah blah blah to a removable tray and created a long extension cord to reach the rear receiver. Now the winch can be mounted in the front or the back. The winch has synthetic rope and I have winched at least 20 people out of the snow in Yellowstone over the last three years. Goodyear Duratracs all around with 75% tread life. I also added another Sienna seat behind the passenger seat.

So why am I selling? I started a project with an ambulance and just got it back from U-Joint Colorado. Big shout out to Justin for exceeding my expectations in the build process. You can see the build thread by searching for YAAC or https://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/yaac-yet-another-ambulance-conversion.228665/ . I sold my Ford truck, so now I need something to pull my trailer and bobcat. The E350 will do it, but the E450 with duallies, will do it better! Also, I am having fun converting the ambulance from a medical vehicle to an expo rig.

Major receipts available to purchaser:
  1. U-joint
  2. Advanture
  3. Solar and Batteries
  4. Winch
  5. Unfortunately, I don't have the Sportsmobile receipt
It currently has 149K miles. The price is $80k. Clean title and no liens.
IMG_0595.jpeg
IMG_0594.jpeg
IMG_0590.jpeg
IMG_0589.jpeg
IMG_0588.jpeg
IMG_0587.jpeg
IMG_0586.jpeg
IMG_0584.jpeg
IMG_0583.jpeg
IMG_0591.jpeg

Last edited:

dtruzinski

Explorer
Some pics of the storage and top up. The entire under bed platform is storage. There are compartments along the driver's and passenger side, a huge pullout drawer in the middle, and 3 drawers accessed from the back. There are also 3 cabinets on the driver' side of the bed.

Attachments

• RearStorageView.jpeg
    RearStorageView.jpeg
    63.4 KB · Views: 434
  • RearStorage1.jpeg
    RearStorage1.jpeg
    88.3 KB · Views: 443
  • RearStorage2.jpeg
    RearStorage2.jpeg
    82.8 KB · Views: 476
  • IMG_0568.jpeg
    IMG_0568.jpeg
    59.4 KB · Views: 491
  • IMG_0557.jpeg
    IMG_0557.jpeg
    63.1 KB · Views: 499
  • IMG_0556.jpeg
    IMG_0556.jpeg
    65.3 KB · Views: 454
  • IMG_0551.jpeg
    IMG_0551.jpeg
    43.9 KB · Views: 447
  • IMG_0555.jpeg
    IMG_0555.jpeg
    62.7 KB · Views: 452
  • BatteriesUnderStorage.jpeg
    BatteriesUnderStorage.jpeg
    37.8 KB · Views: 423
  • ToiletHiddenUnderBuiltinSeat.jpeg
    ToiletHiddenUnderBuiltinSeat.jpeg
    58.2 KB · Views: 398

dtruzinski

Explorer
After responding to some PMs I have decided to update with some additional details.

The freshwater tank is 20g and is located inside. The gray tank is also 20g and it is located underneath just in front of the rear Aluminess bumper.

We have dual cooking options: a propane two burner Dometic and a single burner, portable, induction cooktop.
The propane tank is located under the sink.
IMG_0559.jpeg

The sink is a deep Zhune stainless.
IMG_0558.jpeg

It has upgraded Morimoto LED headlights and those are 4 Rigid lights in the front bumper. They are controlled by the sPod panel in the driver's door. Two of those Rigid are fog and 2 are high beam extenders (made that up, but they make country driving at night so safe)

The toilet is a Dometic 970 series. A brand new one will be installed upon delivery.

The on-board air has ports at the front bumper and rear bumper which makes it easy to adjust the airbags or inflate tires.

A little excerpt from U-Joint when they converted this
Screen Shot 2022-09-02 at 11.23.40 AM.png

dtruzinski

Explorer
@WU7X @Tacojohma Pics of the undercarriage. Some light scale rust on frame best seen in pic with the ARB air compressor. Thanks for making me crawl underneath it, b/c I forgot to mention that I added a 4" Diamond Eye turbo back exhaust which helps keep the EGTs down. Boost and EGT gauge on driver pillar.

Pics shot a .5 on iPhone to show more of the area. Frame is not bent and the rear tires are not cambered (as they appear in the last pic)

IMG_0634.jpeg
IMG_0596.jpeg
IMG_0632.jpeg
IMG_0631.jpeg
IMG_0629.jpeg
IMG_0627.jpeg

dtruzinski

Explorer
And now the pics of the hidden potty!
No potty here..btw that is a tuft and needle mattress. Notice the huge center drawer,heater vent on right and table mount in the center.
IMG_0645.jpeg

and now for the potty reveal. Those are opposing seats and the dining table mounts between them

IMG_0647.jpeg

ace944gs

Awesome rig! I'm just down the road in BZN....feels like I've seen it around, maybe even pulling people out of ditches at the park hah!

just making sure Ive got it correct- seats 3, sleeps 4?

GLWS!

dtruzinski

Explorer
Yes seats 3 in Sienna seats and sleeps 4. There are two opposing bench seats that were originally designed to have seat belts, but the buyer chose to not install seat belts in those locations. You could add seat belts and then seat 5.

dtruzinski

Explorer
Here is a more detailed list of options that were added in the last 5 years. This is more like a 2017 with 40k on everything but the engine :). No special ULSD diesel, no def, no problem heading south of the border or overseas.

6" Coil springs in front and leafs in rear
4.10 gears
Stage 2 front axle
NV271 transfer case
Rigid fog and driving lights installed in bumper
On board air with access points in front and rear
UJoint airbags
sPod electrical to run lights and compressor
Pro Comp 17" powder coated wheels
35" Goodyear Duratracs
Front and rear receivers
12k Smittybilt winch can be moved to front/rear
Full-length Aluminess Nerf Bars
Aluminess rear bumper with tire and tool storage (weatherproof)
Aluminum ladder to roof
Full aluminum tube roof rack
Custom paint job in Ford's steel blue

540 W Solar
2 100AH Battleborn LiPo batteries (inside)
Victron charge controller
Inverter

Isotherem 4.6 cubic feet refrigerator
Weboost Antenna
Zhune Stainless deep sink
Dometic 2 burner gas stove
(additional 1 burner induction cooktop)
Removable table that stores neatly under the bed
Large 75x60 tuft and needle mattress
Polk audio surround sound
Kenwood stereo and separate amp
Customer insulated window shades
Espar diesel heater
Backup camera
3 Toyota Sienna captains chairs and swivel passenger seat
2 additional bench seats built in
Dometic toilet (new in box)
Rattletrap soundproofing, reflectix, insulation, vapor barrier, rubber coin floor
20 gallon fresh water (inside)
20 gallon gray water
Storage, storage, storage

dtruzinski

Explorer
I am ready to sell and will entertain all reasonable offers. I have put it up on eBay, but would much rather sell it to a forum member.

This could be you camping in the Tetons. My email is dave @truzinski.com (no space between 'dave and @) and my mobile is 303.319.62 seven seven
MyVan In the Tetons.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94