Ultralight camp kitchen

dr_r2r

Observer
I wanted a light camp kitchen that I can also use on my bike. I wanted it to be compact, light, sturdy and cheap. With a Ridgid tool box I bought from Home Depot, I crammed my kitchen kit good for 2 people in the box. It was perfect for me. Used it so many times already and I just moved it from car to bike like a regular luggage.

1AA3773D-84C7-4C1F-9A23-E44A225C9E07.jpg
C92D0F60-A581-40D0-9B03-DAB2DAB7E6C8.jpg
E82CE921-BC9A-420D-92CF-2DD375C8876D.jpg

MattL

Adventurer
Nice, those are great boxes for the price. I used one for my JetBoil and coffee/tea/fixens etc. Basically all my liquid utensils.

You can actually pop the top off the case and gain access to some more cavity.

Rivers2run

Observer
Thats what I use I have several of them for kitchen, food box, camping gear. Love the way they stack and lock together. Reasonable price and quite weatherproof.

Rezarf <><

Explorer
I've got a pelican 1600 for a family of five. You could likely go much smaller for two if you poke around the backpacking gear.

Cummins_expo

Adventurer
Jet boils are great weight-to-use package

I have used one for year backpacking- The Genesis Base Camp would be my choice for camp cooking. The Jet boil is really good at add hot water meals. They sell a thing ma bob that you can put on the lip to use a standard pan
https://www.jetboil.com/

Last edited:

Ooops

Observer
Many thanks for the link. Surprisingly, in hind sight, I'd only been looking at retailer sites for info, this was much more detailed

Jet boils are great weight-to-use package ... I have used one for year backpacking
Which model and was it your sole boiling & cooking device?

The Genesis Base Camp would be my choice for camp cooking
assuming we're talking about being vehicle based, would you choose a Genesis over a more traditional stove like a partner or coleman?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles