Ultralight camp kitchen

dr_r2r

Observer
I wanted a light camp kitchen that I can also use on my bike. I wanted it to be compact, light, sturdy and cheap. With a Ridgid tool box I bought from Home Depot, I crammed my kitchen kit good for 2 people in the box. It was perfect for me. Used it so many times already and I just moved it from car to bike like a regular luggage.

1AA3773D-84C7-4C1F-9A23-E44A225C9E07.jpg
C92D0F60-A581-40D0-9B03-DAB2DAB7E6C8.jpg
E82CE921-BC9A-420D-92CF-2DD375C8876D.jpg

MattL

Adventurer
Nice, those are great boxes for the price. I used one for my JetBoil and coffee/tea/fixens etc. Basically all my liquid utensils.

You can actually pop the top off the case and gain access to some more cavity.

Recommended books for Overlanding

Don't Go There. It's Not Safe. You'll Die.: And other mor...
by Jared McCaffree, Jessica Mans, Kobus Mans
From $19.99
The Essential Guide to Overland Travel in the United Stat...
by TeriAnn Wakeman
From $64.95
Tortillas to Totems (Every day an Adventure Book 4)
by Sam Manicom
From $9.99

Rivers2run

Observer
Thats what I use I have several of them for kitchen, food box, camping gear. Love the way they stack and lock together. Reasonable price and quite weatherproof.

Rezarf <><

Explorer
I've got a pelican 1600 for a family of five. You could likely go much smaller for two if you poke around the backpacking gear.

Cummins_expo

Adventurer
Jet boils are great weight-to-use package

I have used one for year backpacking- The Genesis Base Camp would be my choice for camp cooking. The Jet boil is really good at add hot water meals. They sell a thing ma bob that you can put on the lip to use a standard pan
https://www.jetboil.com/

Last edited:

Ooops

Observer
Many thanks for the link. Surprisingly, in hind sight, I'd only been looking at retailer sites for info, this was much more detailed

Jet boils are great weight-to-use package ... I have used one for year backpacking
Which model and was it your sole boiling & cooking device?

The Genesis Base Camp would be my choice for camp cooking
assuming we're talking about being vehicle based, would you choose a Genesis over a more traditional stove like a partner or coleman?

Last edited: