Ultimate Overland Tacoma - Own the Adventure Ready Demo Truck

We have a new project coming in and we are reluctantly parting with our dear 2017 Tacoma, Blanca Tatonka (you won't be required to keep the name, but you should!). This truck has seen multiple stages of build but most recently was used as the demo vehicle for the new Earthcruiser MOD 300 slide-in pop-up camper, which is included in this sale. EDIT: Camper has sold - price adjusted.

Truck details:
  • 2017 Tacoma TRD Off-road w/ technology package
  • 21,411 miles - mostly highway traveling to and from shows all over the West Coast. This truck was never used as a daily driver so there is very little city miles on it.
  • Clean record, no accidents. Although it does have some scuffs here and there from trail usage.
  • Was recently fully detailed and had a premium ceramic coating professionally installed (5-year coating). Including on the camper.
  • Decals will be removed before delivery to new owner.
  • All cab windows tinted with ceramic tint
  • Serviced regularly at dealership in Seattle
  • No mechanical issues at all - runs and drives perfectly. All brake pads are at 85%+
  • PLEASE NOTE: Baja Designs LP6 lights in pics in front of camper are not included with the sale
Below is a detailed list of the upgrades/modifications done to this truck that are included with the sale, starting from the ground up:
  • BF Goodrich KO2's, about 65% tread life remaining
  • Icon 6-speed wheels
  • Icon Stage 6 Suspension kit w/ billet aluminum UCA's
  • OME Dakkar leaf pack, Heavy for HiLux adapted to use on Tacoma (+800 lb - carries camper perfectly without need for air bags)
  • Firestone supplemental air-bag kit (for any added lift if carrying a ton of extra gear, but we've never had to inflate it)
  • Rear diff breather
  • White Knuckle Sliders
  • RCI front and mid aluminum skids
  • Warn Semi-hidden winch mount bumper
  • Warn Zeon 10 Platinum winch
  • Bubba rope 100' synthetic rope w/ Pro soft shackle
  • Baja Designs amber rock light kit
  • Baja Designs Squadron Pro fog light kit
  • ARB Dual air compressor behind grill, w/ quick-release chuck at compressor and auxiliary line to 1-gallon air tank under rear driver's side fender (also w/ quick-release chuck)
  • REDARC BCDC-1240D On-board Battery Charger
  • ReLION Lithium Ion deep cycle auxiliary batteries RB75 (x2)
  • Relocated main start battery - Odyssey Extreme PC-1500R
  • sPOD SE Source w/ HD control panel in cab
  • Dual voltage gauge in cab
  • iPad holder in cab
  • factory cigarette lighter socket replaced with Blue Sea dual USB charger, wired to aux. batteries
  • Pedal Commander system
  • Power to bed for camper
  • Safari Snorkel with supplemental pre-filter top
We are asking $59,500. Message or call the shop with questions or for more details. We will not be parting anything off the truck for any reason - sale is as-is in Seattle.

L1020689.JPG

L1020498.JPG

Last edited:

FJ SD

Builder
any photos of inside the MOD? considering its probably half the listing price it would be great to see some photos

OMG that price point though... I mean don't get me wrong it is nice but $90 large ones ?!

If you can link us to a comparable truck I’d love some reference points. We definitely struggled with finding comparables. But considering you can’t get an excellent condition low miles Gen 3 Tacoma for under $35,000 (at least in our area) we believe this price to be a very good starting point.
With the camper being $27,000, if you don’t see $15,000 in value in the top-of-the-line parts and EXTENSIVE labor, and in knowing the truck has been built professionally and meticulously by a reputable shop as their own show truck, then I guess this isn’t the truck for you?

Last edited:
any photos of inside the MOD? considering its probably half the listing price it would be great to see some photos
No problem. The camper is one of only two in existence thus far. It weighs in at exactly 837 lbs which makes it the lightest equipped slide-in camper in the world. It is a one-piece dual-wall fiberglass design with 1/2” of insulation sandwiched between the wall layers (same construction EarthCruiser uses in all of their trucks). Has a sink with pump and 10-gallon water source. We have a heater for it that is not yet installed but can install. Comes with the National Luna Weekender stainless fridge, LED lighting, Exped mattress, bamboo counters, etc.

58DB756D-6DC3-46B6-BACC-B198EF71ADCC.jpeg

267836F4-E0EA-487F-81BF-708E1DD3CF37.jpeg

D03DBA0E-72E8-420F-A5F5-BC101FCE5233.jpeg

Ummmmmm maybe just take into account the fact that a brand new 2019 TRD Off-road is 36.5k from the dealer??? Yours is a 2017 with 21k miles.
That’s a pretty low price! Good deal for sure.
Look if you don’t think our price is fair for what it is then this isn’t the truck for you. We did drop it $5,000 - it does look like new trucks are going for a little less than they were.

Last edited:

MTSN

Explorer
If you can link us to a comparable truck I’d love some reference points. We definitely struggled with finding comparables. But considering you can’t get an excellent condition low miles Gen 3 Tacoma for under $35,000 (at least in our area) we believe this price to be a very good starting point.
With the camper being $27,000, if you don’t see $15,000 in value in the top-of-the-line parts and EXTENSIVE labor, and in knowing the truck has been built professionally and meticulously by a reputable shop as their own show truck, then I guess this isn’t the truck for you?

Probably the closest comp would be my Tacoma I sold last summer. I took down the public photos, but the equipment is listed in this ad. It was likely one of the most built Tacomas in the US if not the world and on top of the AT Habitat it had the full Goose Gear buildout on the interior. Truck plus mods were $100k+ (original owner did the work), so there weren't many mods that weren't added. I have no idea what the MOD camper is worth since it's a new product, but I sold my Tacoma for very close to asking price.

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads...ma-at-habitat-goose-gear-icon-cbi-etc.559078/

Probably the closest comp would be my Tacoma I sold last summer. I took down the public photos, but the equipment is listed in this ad. It was likely one of the most built Tacomas in the US if not the world and on top of the AT Habitat it had the full Goose Gear buildout on the interior. Truck plus mods were $100k+ (original owner did the work), so there weren't many mods that weren't added. I have no idea what the MOD camper is worth since it's a new product, but I sold my Tacoma for very close to asking price.

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads...ma-at-habitat-goose-gear-icon-cbi-etc.559078/

Yes, that’s the one we found too. From what we can tell the difference in camper price and other components (and mileage FWIW) is about equivalent to the price difference in the asking prices.
Great truck by the way. ;)

Last edited:

MTSN

Explorer
Yes, that’s the one we found too. From what we can tell the difference in camper price and other components (and mileage FWIW) is about equivalent to the price difference in the asking prices.
Great truck by the way. ;)

I think mine had more in hard parts (CBI aluminum bumpers, lighting suite, etc.) but 12k more miles. Obviously the MOD camper is the appealing aspect of yours which does look very nice, but I'm not familiar enough with that camper to hazard a guess on value. It looks similar to the Habitat/Goose Gear in terms of the interior layout with the exception of the bed being over the cab as opposed to the rear of the truck (value there is a built in awning...assuming you're not over 6' tall!).

Side note - can you access the fridge without climbing into the camper? If not, can you access the fridge with the camper stowed? I think it would help a lot to post a ton more pics especially since it's a new concept to the market.

I think mine had more in hard parts (CBI aluminum bumpers, lighting suite, etc.) but 12k more miles. Obviously the MOD camper is the appealing aspect of yours which does look very nice, but I'm not familiar enough with that camper to hazard a guess on value. It looks similar to the Habitat/Goose Gear in terms of the interior layout with the exception of the bed being over the cab as opposed to the rear of the truck (value there is a built in awning...assuming you're not over 6' tall!).

Side note - can you access the fridge without climbing into the camper? If not, can you access the fridge with the camper stowed? I think it would help a lot to post a ton more pics especially since it's a new concept to the market.

We have actually posted a lot of pictures on a different part of this forum when the new camper was launched and on our social media and website as well. There are definitely differences in addition to what you mentioned, like the electrical system (for example) in our truck is VERY advanced. There are over $2,500 in batteries alone here. But definitely yours is the closest comparison we could find. Thanks again man.

MTSN

Explorer
All: I have cleanup this thread. If you have no interest in buying the truck, please refrain on trying to deconstruct the price/costs and merits of someone's else vehicle.

Good to see this. I had the same crap in my thread, but at the time when I PM'd you asking to help clean mine up I got a very different response. Hopefully the mods will keep this area cleaner now. The funny thing is my truck sold on Craigslist not this forum, likely because of the detractors with no money and no intention to buy.

Good to see this. I had the same crap in my thread, but at the time when I PM'd you asking to help clean mine up I got a very different response. Hopefully the mods will keep this area cleaner now. The funny thing is my truck sold on Craigslist not this forum, likely because of the detractors with no money and no intention to buy.
It’s just the way the world is nowadays. Pathetic and unfortunate, but true.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles