Ultimate camp shoe?

SBSYNCRO

Saw these advertised today and thought of this thread immediately

Kinda look like the xtra tough boots but maybe they offer some more comfort? Hard to tell from just their advertising what the difference would be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remind me of Muck boots ankle boots. Comfy and easy to slip on (not as easy as crocs) but not very breathable for long wearing. Great if you’re camping in mud tho.

SBSYNCRO

Any closed shoe is way too hot in the desert. Olukai flip flops all the way!

Until you step on a baby rattler. I happened to look down while cooking dinner about two years ago while wearing flip flops in the desert in late September.

My headlamp beam illuminated an 8-10” long rattler coiled up at the base of the stump I was cooking on. Literally 5” from my foot and I almost kicked it.

That was the last time I wore flip flops camping in the desert.

639ffc0c90fc21c28e6b6fb452ac2eb4.jpg

4000lbsOfGoat

That was the last time I wore flip flops camping in the desert.
Why? While it may have been disconcerting, despite being 5" from your foot the snake apparently made no effort to bite you. I'll take comfortable feet over the one in a million chance that I might run into a snake who's in a biting mood.

The only issue I ever have is needing to keep an eye out for small stabby plants...

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Felt lined Crocs are my choice. Both my daughter and wife hate them.
I use the felt lined Crocoffs from Walmart in the cold months and the unlined Crocoffs in the warmer months. I think my total investment was $18 and they've lasted over 10 years so far.

Reactions: plh

JackW

Explorer
I used to live in desert boots - until you just couldn't find them any more. Crepe soles, very comfortable, easy to slip and on and off - and cheap! Yes you had to tie the laces but for about fifteen years it was my shoe of choice.

JaSAn

Grumpy Old Man
All my life I’ve been looking for the ultimate camp shoe. Still haven’t found it. What are your favorites?
When the soles of a favorite pair of walking shoes or low cut hiking boots wears down I loosen and secure the laces and use those as camp/camper shoes. If the laces are loose my foot slips in easily.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles