Ultimate camp shoe?

cobro92

North Face Traction Mule. Comfiest shoe I’ve ever owned. It’s like a tough, insulated slipper that’s grippy on the bottom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paddler Ed

Adventurer
Adopt an Australian accent and everything will seem perfectly normal. Their shorts + boots game is strong.

Got to be the right shorts though. Stubbies work well for some people, not so well for others. I wear shorts with about a 12" inseam but because of the length of my legs (34" inseam) they work fine on me when I've got my boots on.

SBSYNCRO

Lately I've observed a lot of farmers and hunters turning to these (6" ones) in Carolina. That said, the canvas ones look promising for a bit more comfort perhaps. Gonna pick up a pair and give them a spin.

I've been wearing Xtratuff boots on boats for years. They are narrow, so if you have wide feet, they are not great. Also, for around camp use, I'd recommend a Muck boot (low) before I'd recommend the Xtratuff (more comfy, easier to get on/off because of the neoprene collar). That being said, the canvas deck shoes look pretty good....

oneenv

I've been wearing Xtratuff boots on boats for years. They are narrow, so if you have wide feet, they are not great. Also, for around camp use, I'd recommend a Muck boot (low) before I'd recommend the Xtratuff (more comfy, easier to get on/off because of the neoprene collar). That being said, the canvas deck shoes look pretty good....

That's good intel thank you. Yea, seems they just "caught on" in my neck of the woods or I just started looking down....anyway, thanks for the heads up on the fit!

FROADER

Adventurer
I'm sure these won't be a popular choice on this site, but so far they are working great for me, and I wanted to throw something different into the mix.
They also don't have that goofy (IMO) Merrell, Salomon, etc. hiking boot look to them which I like.

Being a skateboarder/BMXer/MTBer, since I was little I have always worn a less than desirable camp shoe... the Vans Old School. Until recently (I'm now 44), I usually only took my old pair of vans and some flip-flops. Browsing the Vans site a few months ago, I saw they started making and outdoor shoe and now have a few different levels of "outdoorsiness" in that shoe. It's a hiking/camping shoe that essentially looks like an Old School high-top. With the "UltraCush" insole, they are very comfortable.

Their initial attempt at them , which is the one I chose. Even as a "high-top" they are super comfortable to wear all day. I don't lace them all the way to the top which makes them easy to slip on and slip off.

A little more rugged here.

A low-top of the last one, here.

Archerman99

I sort of gave up on finding one perfect shoe so I settled on three. All the collapsible heal stuff I tried just fell apart too quickly. But admittedly I am hard on shoes.

Unbelievably, after low key making fun of them for years, I settled on crocs for sand wet water things. They actually fit me and wear well unlike every other sandle thing the ability to slip them on easily and then also flip the heel thing over for more stability/swimming if I need it is kind of amazing.

For light weight breathable boots these turned out to work really well and are super easy to put on.

Bates Men's 8" Ultralite Tactical...

Then just a Vasque sundowner for hiking.

I hate having 3 pairs of shoes except all three work so much better for different things then one all around shoe.

Having said that the boots come on and off easy enough that I could use them as my only shoe if I didn't need beach type wet shoes.

Love my Vasque trail shoes!

ricoisme26

Saw these advertised today and thought of this thread immediately

Kinda look like the xtra tough boots but maybe they offer some more comfort? Hard to tell from just their advertising what the difference would be

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles