UJOR Build Thread

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
The 1st few rear bumper main structures are welded up! Skins are next then powder.

119125173_3638582826160919_135847347441081160_o.jpg

Pinnacle Campers

Chateau spotter
Removed the soft top on V4, back to full VUCK life!

119147683_3641060259246509_609882021031028651_o.jpg
Other than the time involved, wouldn't it just make more sense to sell that thing as is and build the new one from scratch using everything you learned?
Not that I'm in the market but its a "magazine rig" why crush it?

Just as a poll of the followers here, since there is really nothing to go by,...
What is it worth? $60K? $80K?
Anyone?

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Other than the time involved, wouldn't it just make more sense to sell that thing as is and build the new one from scratch using everything you learned?
Not that I'm in the market but its a "magazine rig" why crush it?

Just as a poll of the followers here, since there is really nothing to go by,...
What is it worth? $60K? $80K?
Anyone?

Yes, that makes sense but here's my reasoning for not selling it as is.

The transmission is about to go (again) and I'm sick of dealing with that. The cab back has a bunch of little cracks, they need to be repaired. The AC just went out and we found some cracks/tears in the body too. Building another flat bed will be extremely time consuming, we don't have the time to tackle that right now and I doubt that will change anytime soon. There are some things I want to change with the front suspension (wider housing, longer links) and we can re use most of it on the new rig. I can sell the engine (only has 30k miles on it) and a bunch of other little things to re coup $$ and there's part of me that just doesn't want anyone else to own it! This rig has been with me since 2011 and a never ending labor of love. I had to fight for it during my divorce, someone wanted it gone but I stood my ground (cost me dearly) and kept it.

Hopefully that makes sense!

Sheep Shagger

Adventurer
Hopefully that makes sense!

Yes that makes complete sense. Also with such an iconic “u joint” vehicle last thing you want is it being around looking like ******** if the new owner doesn’t look after it / for Others to have an excuse to trash it.
It really is an icon, kill it with grace, don’t let it wither

screwball48

Explorer
The bed and suspension are really what make the rig. As long as you move those items to another skeleton then it will live on. The basic frame and even the body are just an ambulance really. You may could pull the cab off the frame and sell it cheap to a diy kind of guy. It wouldn’t be the same as it is now so the nostalgia link would be gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Yes that makes complete sense. Also with such an iconic “u joint” vehicle last thing you want is it being around looking like **** if the new owner doesn’t look after it / for Others to have an excuse to trash it.
It really is an icon, kill it with grace, don’t let it wither

Yep, exactly. it has so many custom parts on it, I'm not comfy with selling it and being married to the new owner. It would take the right person to appreciate and care for it, making the selling process even more difficult!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles