UJOR Build Thread

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Haven't checked in on this thread in a little while. Those wheels are unreal on that rig. I would have said no way if you described them to me, but seeing them mounted and rolling..... daaaaaang!

Thanks! I fell in love the 1st time I saw them and they work well on this rig. Maybe a bit too much but I like to irritate people.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
To be sure that everyone is informed about coil conversions here's what is happening.

We've sold all of the coil kits and will be starting over next week with an all new design incorporating coil overs and radius arms with new shock towers. While we work on that I'll continue to build up our x-over knuckle inventory and I have a new spring supplier to stock us up on rear springs to get the lead times where they should be. The plan is to have complete kits ready to ship within 24 hours of ordering. Everything will be built in house, V9 is the prototype rig and I'll of course be posting pics and kit pricing asap. Best estimate right now is ~6-8 weeks.

Leaf spring kits are unaffected, let me know if you have questions, the whole UJ crew is excited!

another_mike

Adventurer
To be sure that everyone is informed about coil conversions here's what is happening.

We've sold all of the coil kits and will be starting over next week with an all new design incorporating coil overs and radius arms with new shock towers. While we work on that I'll continue to build up our x-over knuckle inventory and I have a new spring supplier to stock us up on rear springs to get the lead times where they should be. The plan is to have complete kits ready to ship within 24 hours of ordering. Everything will be built in house, V9 is the prototype rig and I'll of course be posting pics and kit pricing asap. Best estimate right now is ~6-8 weeks.

Leaf spring kits are unaffected, let me know if you have questions, the whole UJ crew is excited!
Will this new coil kit also be based around the 05-up front axles?

Since new shock towers will be used, welding required?

Will this be something that can be swapped over for people with the old coil kits?

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Will this new coil kit also be based around the 05-up front axles?

Since new shock towers will be used, welding required?

Will this be something that can be swapped over for people with the old coil kits?

Yes, they will. And yes, welding will be required. I don't see why it couldn't be swapped, will be able to answer that better once we have V9 up & mobile.

Pinnacle Campers

Chateau spotter

So the 05 and up coil spring axle conversion is becoming a "coil over shock" conversion?
Like with adjustable ride height Coil overs?
Is there going to be any reasonably priced shocks or is this putting us into King shock category?
I guess I'm standing by for more

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Yes, the new towers will allow us to move the axle further forward like our leaf kit and gain us some height to use a taller coil over. Shooting for a 10" travel shock for the 6" kit.

Will be more $$ than a traditional coil but will allow more adjustment for the different engines and capacities. I'm 90% sure we'll be going with Fox but will option for Kings. Prices are really close.

freewayross

Adventurer
Chris,

In the old setup 4" lift had a turning radius compromise as compared to 6", i guess because of the shorter pitman arm........ Will the new design try to address that? Interested in the 4"

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Chris,

In the old setup 4" lift had a turning radius compromise as compared to 6", i guess because of the shorter pitman arm........ Will the new design try to address that? Interested in the 4"

There was no difference between the 4 and 6" on the coil kits, just leaf.

silvrzuki77

explorer
So some where in the thread does running the stock pitman arm versus your drop pitman help deal with all the RSC crap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
So some where in the thread does running the stock pitman arm versus your drop pitman help deal with all the RSC crap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, the stock pitman arm will keep the RSC happier but you'll loose a bit of turning radius.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
14 5.4 tear down

30167211_1906033772749175_5896860896901348732_o.jpg

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
PrisonBreak 7.3 is finally ready to go home! Its been here a while, changed ownership, got more parts added, now she's ready for some adventures. 6" on 35s, Stage 2 front axle with SSBCs, Fiberine 16" hi top, underfloor storage, Aluminess nerf bars and tire carrier, 35" Too AT2s on KMC wheels, DP Tuner, AutoMeter gauges, Rear skid with underfloor storage, Fox 2.0s, B/W Flares, FB001 front bumper with Warn Winch and a Rigid 30" light bar.

31252921_1907811879238031_2792930573792879647_n.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles