UJOR Build Thread

tgreening

Expedition Leader
THERE IS NO ENGINE CALLED "CUMMINGS"

FOR #@%)@_#$ SAKE PEOPLE....

IT'S "CUMMINS" -- Named after the founder, Clessie Cummins.

I would have thought the Unicorn Farts might have have been an indicator of JOKE! :). I know what it's called (been around the block longer than I care to think about now) and it bugs me too.

Cummings guys are funny. It's always “my Cummings this and my Cummings that” in general conversation about their trucks. “Took my Cummings for a drive yesterday and noticed it's sooo much better looking than Powerstrokes”. It seems for many the engine is the truck.

You could fill that sucker with golf cart batteries and head to the track. Not practical for crap, except the track and maybe a quick trip for groceries, but electric motors put the boots to combustion anything when it comes to immediate and ridiculous amounts of torque.

But it's hard to beat the feeling you get from the rumble of a healthy V8. :)

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
I would have thought the Unicorn Farts might have have been an indicator of JOKE! :). I know what it's called (been around the block longer than I care to think about now) and it bugs me too.

Cummings guys are funny. It's always “my Cummings this and my Cummings that” in general conversation about their trucks. “Took my Cummings for a drive yesterday and noticed it's sooo much better looking than Powerstrokes”. It seems for many the engine is the truck.

You could fill that sucker with golf cart batteries and head to the track. Not practical for crap, except the track and maybe a quick trip for groceries, but electric motors put the boots to combustion anything when it comes to immediate and ridiculous amounts of torque.

But it's hard to beat the feeling you get from the rumble of a healthy V8. :)

Electric would be sick!

Damnit. Now I'll have to consider that.

onemanarmy

Explorer
you don't have a take out ford motor laying around? Everybody does LS. Even 350 WHP would be way overkill for that light of a truck.

what trans are you gonna use?

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
you don't have a take out ford motor laying around? Everybody does LS. Even 350 WHP would be way overkill for that light of a truck.

what trans are you gonna use?

Overkill for the rear tires is what I'm going for. Auto, 4L80. Not trying to pave new ground with this build, low budget high power.

Thats not rust! Its speed holes!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Exactly. Add lightness! Pristine show cars & truck are boring to me, I want character. Stories. My neighbor has a few GM hot rods and may have a slightly used supercharger available. If the price is right I may go that route instead of turbos. We're still a month or 2 out from tear down.

Fork-N-Road

My neighbor has a few GM hot rods and may have a slightly used supercharger available. If the price is right I may go that route instead of turbos. We're still a month or 2 out from tear down.

Turbo(s) for the win! I can't imagine a supercharger being much cheaper than a Borg Warner (or knock off) turbos. Turbo with a good boost controller is pretty hard to beat, especially with 4L80E. I have a '63 Nova with a small turbo, about 3k pounds with me in it. Very freeway friendly and driveable, great gas mileage (when you stay out of boost), etc., but driving around on 10-12+ lbs of boost is almost scary fast. Look forward to seeing your truck finished!

dazdconfsd

Observer
Overkill for the rear tires is what I'm going for. Auto, 4L80. Not trying to pave new ground with this build, low budget high power.

Exactly. Add lightness! Pristine show cars & truck are boring to me, I want character. Stories. My neighbor has a few GM hot rods and may have a slightly used supercharger available. If the price is right I may go that route instead of turbos. We're still a month or 2 out from tear down.

Sloppy Mechanics does character in spades and is generally pretty low cost. Personally I'd just follow one of Denmah's recipes

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Turbo(s) for the win! I can't imagine a supercharger being much cheaper than a Borg Warner (or knock off) turbos. Turbo with a good boost controller is pretty hard to beat, especially with 4L80E. I have a '63 Nova with a small turbo, about 3k pounds with me in it. Very freeway friendly and driveable, great gas mileage (when you stay out of boost), etc., but driving around on 10-12+ lbs of boost is almost scary fast. Look forward to seeing your truck finished!

I agree, we'll see how much $$ he wants. Especially because I have at least 1 7.3 turbo at the shop already.

Sloppy Mechanics does character in spades and is generally pretty low cost. Personally I'd just follow one of Denmah's recipes

Will ck it out.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
My M3 left yesterday, we've been storing it for a while until the buyer could find time to grab it. He came up with a trailer yesterday, took the kids apple picking and scored some premium parking!

22279486_1699262470092974_1094055277822699733_n.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94