UJOR Build Thread

szooter

Chris,
My van is 2005 E350 with 6'' ujoint lift. Fox 2.0's, dual front, single Fox 2.0 rear (blue one converted in your shop with front end swap, the one which was sent to Poland)
I had it tear down with body off for body repairs and engine work. I have just put it back together recently.
I have already added most of the fixed elements to the van (winch, seats, rockers, etc) so I have reached the point where the weight of the van will not change to much anymore.
I am trying to tune up my suspension a bit as it is way too stiff on the front at the moment.
What should be gas pressure in dual fox 2.0 shocks front and single fox 2.0 rear. I had it measured and it is showing zero gas pressure both front and rear. Is it OK?
Would you recommend removing one element from the spring leafs front? If yes which one ?
One more question is what could be the reason that the van is pretty heavy to keep straight above 40mph. It was driving OK when I got it from your shop but after we have tear it down and assembled it there is a kind of strange ‘'delay ‘' in driving. No wobble or anything like that, but the van is wondering around the road pretty much.
Trying to correct the driving I have already installed new OEM gear box, new OEM steering shaft, checked and replace any doubtful parts like ball joints, tie rods , drag links, checked and adjusted van geometry.
But the problem still exists. Any hints what could be the cause of it ?

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Chris,
My van is 2005 E350 with 6'' ujoint lift. Fox 2.0's, dual front, single Fox 2.0 rear (blue one converted in your shop with front end swap, the one which was sent to Poland)
I had it tear down with body off for body repairs and engine work. I have just put it back together recently.
I have already added most of the fixed elements to the van (winch, seats, rockers, etc) so I have reached the point where the weight of the van will not change to much anymore.
I am trying to tune up my suspension a bit as it is way too stiff on the front at the moment.
What should be gas pressure in dual fox 2.0 shocks front and single fox 2.0 rear. I had it measured and it is showing zero gas pressure both front and rear. Is it OK?
Would you recommend removing one element from the spring leafs front? If yes which one ?
One more question is what could be the reason that the van is pretty heavy to keep straight above 40mph. It was driving OK when I got it from your shop but after we have tear it down and assembled it there is a kind of strange ‘'delay ‘' in driving. No wobble or anything like that, but the van is wondering around the road pretty much.
Trying to correct the driving I have already installed new OEM gear box, new OEM steering shaft, checked and replace any doubtful parts like ball joints, tie rods , drag links, checked and adjusted van geometry.
But the problem still exists. Any hints what could be the cause of it ?

Start by removing one of the front shocks each side and see if it feels different. Wandering isn't a normal characteristic of our swaps, could be many things especially since you've been replacing parts and had the body off. Alignment check? Does the steering feel the same through the travel left/right? Gear box is tight to the frame? Same for the trac bar? Has the trac bar been adjusted lately? You'll have to start isolating things to find the issue.

Jb1rd

Explorer
Not sure what the 4wd conversion adds but if I remember correctly my 94 weighed in right around 9600
Yeah, B190's are cool in their own way for sure. Long body and high top would be great for extended travels. Chris, do you know what this rig weighs?

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Not sure what the 4wd conversion adds but if I remember correctly my 94 weighed in right around 9600

Seems a bit heavy, though I have zero experience with the model. I know (I think!) my Ambo weighed around 9200 before the conversion, and that was with the bulk of the "camper" stuff inside, though probably not as extensive as your camper stuff. I had the fridge, sink, stove, bench seating, propane, 10 gallons of water tanks (empty), and not too much else I think.

I know that one above is just about enough to make me sell and start over though!

Last edited:

DzlToy

Explorer
A steering Dana 60 is easily 600 pounds. Add in a bumper, winch, larger spring pack and shocks to carry this additional weight and ride better than factory and you could easily see a 500 - 800 pound increase from 2WD to 4WD. (includes removing 2WD axle but that is just a rough estimate)

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
A steering Dana 60 is easily 600 pounds. Add in a bumper, winch, larger spring pack and shocks to carry this additional weight and ride better than factory and you could easily see a 500 - 800 pound increase from 2WD to 4WD. (includes removing 2WD axle but that is just a rough estimate)

I added about 1200lbs with a ujoint 6" conversion, aluminess bumpers, winch and 35s on 18s.

Railvan

Adventurer

That doesn't surprise me, as my SMB weighs 10,000 and it is a regular body, poptop, diesel. I'm guessing this 4x4 B190 would be at least as much.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Yeah, B190's are cool in their own way for sure. Long body and high top would be great for extended travels. Chris, do you know what this rig weighs?

The owners are full time in this rig and it crossed the scales at 10,300.

I haven't weighed a before/after in a few years but you're spot on. 800lb gain with no bumpers or extras. Just the 4x4 conversion.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
SHAFT, if Chris/UJOR is out of stock currently, I have brand new-in-box SSBC calipers/rotors/2 pad sets I bought from UJOR, for sale. PM me if interested.

You haven't put those on?!?! What not?

That doesn't surprise me, as my SMB weighs 10,000 and it is a regular body, poptop, diesel. I'm guessing this 4x4 B190 would be at least as much.

Yea an EB SMB kisses 10k easily.

I added about 1200lbs with a ujoint 6" conversion, aluminess bumpers, winch and 35s on 18s.

Good to know, more than I would have guessed.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
SoCal 7.3 bumpers are back from powder, hope to have the rig back from Rhino today or tomorrow so we can start bolting everything up!

16508191_1445887418763815_1692471169708147430_n.jpg

Coil kits! Ready for powder after we add a small UJ touch.

16508201_1446507175368506_2768652639069299273_n.jpg

flightcancled

Explorer
Chris I emailed you twice but haven't heard back.

I just want to know before I place an order for a UJOR roof rack if it is at all possible for you to add a 4th set of mounts so that the rack can be extended the full length of a regular base e-series without making the package too long for UPS shipping. I need to be able to haul the maximum amount of kayaks around and it makes a huge difference to me.

Thanks
Alex

Corneilius

Adventurer
Unsure about the email situation, Chris can chime in. We are constrained by the length of our shipping tubes, the longest rack we can ship assembles to 122" which is about 12" shorter than our "full length" rack. The nice thing about the 8020 is that you won't neccesarily be constrained by standard kayak J mounts, id guess you could fit at least 10 kayaks fairly easily.

Edit to clarify: I fit 4 flat water boats on their sides on my 8020 rack which is only 46" wide, our standard racks are 60" wide

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Mist have missed the email, it happens now & then,re send if you can because I'm caught up at the moment.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
V7 got a suspension cleaning and paint job ahead of my normal post winter routine since its being shot tomorrow for FourWheel mag. Have to keep her looking good! Added some diff covers too.

16603106_1446837242002166_9167437222490372473_n.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles