UJOR Build Thread

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Headed home to NY! Pics and video on the site as usual.

14449908_1293153137370578_6587683591856493680_n.jpg

dinobody

Observer
How do you guys insure your vans? I have a very nice U-joint conversion van and want to make sure that I am covered if anything disastrous happens. Insurance companies are notorious for not paying up if they don't have to.

onemanarmy

Explorer
many insurance companies will do 'stated value' coverage.

you tell them how much its worth (they may need to look at it) and then they do some math and give you a monthly payment.

Wood Kutter

Observer
Sloppy Shifter

My shifter has been getting a little slop to it,356,000 miles will do that. Hard to get into drive, and sometimes I have to hold the shifter up into park to get it to start. I just found this video, my bolts were definitely loose. It's pretty tight but you don't have to remove anything. I used a Torx #30 on a 1/4" ratchet with a 4" extension. You also need a flashlight and a Band-aid, there is some sharp metal up in there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFa5maYbW8I

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
How do you guys insure your vans? I have a very nice U-joint conversion van and want to make sure that I am covered if anything disastrous happens. Insurance companies are notorious for not paying up if they don't have to.

I have a commercial policy that allows stated values. I pay more of course but *hopefully* there will be no issues if something were to happen.

many insurance companies will do 'stated value' coverage.

you tell them how much its worth (they may need to look at it) and then they do some math and give you a monthly payment.

Yep! A lot of normal insurance companies won't do it.

Is this a Fiberine 24" hightop?

Yes.

hogasm

Observer
My shifter has been getting a little slop to it,356,000 miles will do that. Hard to get into drive, and sometimes I have to hold the shifter up into park to get it to start. I just found this video, my bolts were definitely loose. It's pretty tight but you don't have to remove anything. I used a Torx #30 on a 1/4" ratchet with a 4" extension. You also need a flashlight and a Band-aid, there is some sharp metal up in there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFa5maYbW8I

Have done this 5 times in 580k miles.
Hardest part is working on your head

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles