UJOR Build Thread

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Progress on the sand 7.3. Coming along nicely!

13709797_1234298076589418_4286724690981960475_n.jpg

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Any updates on the sienna seat brackets?

My seat back is tweaked from the hefty PO and it messes with my back!

Not yet, have a few more projects in front of them. Shoot me an email, I have a list going for guys that want them.

Petrolburner

Explorer
We've only done one, years ago and it used a spacer plus the wheel that was a 19.5. I'm not a big fan of doing it and almost all 450s we do are RVs that need to stay DRW. Biggest issue is a tire that has the correct load capacity in SRW form and there aren't a ton of options unless you go to 19.5s and they have too much capacity, killing ride quality and adding a ton of extra weight.

Hmmmm, good to know. My concern with the DRW is the clearance between the two tires wouldn't allow me to air down very much. On my Motovan, the combination of great suspension and 25 psi allows me to have a pretty smooth ride and good speed in the dirt. I'm looking to get the same with a 14ft box truck.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Speaking of AlphaVan, what's going on with it? Haven't heard about it in awhile. When will it be complete? Looking forward to it!! :drool:

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Speaking of AlphaVan, what's going on with it? Haven't heard about it in awhile. When will it be complete? Looking forward to it!! :drool:

Ben has been wiring, plumbing, etc. I'll post some pics, a lot has happened and we're almost ready to put the axles under it. Coming along nicely! The intercooler and truck turbo has created a few head scratching moments but we've got it figured out.

Wood Kutter

Observer
Ben has been wiring, plumbing, etc. I'll post some pics, a lot has happened and we're almost ready to put the axles under it. Coming along nicely! The intercooler and truck turbo has created a few head scratching moments but we've got it figured out.

I'd like to see how you fit the intercooler and intake in there, it's got to be tight.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Going to run a 6.0 intercooler & radiator with the inlet/outlet reversed for the 7.3. We made the engine a dual alternator and eliminated the upper unit to make some room, so far so good but won't have everything plumbed until the body is back down of course.

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Chris I may have asked you this already but if I did I can't find it.

I need to change that gasket that goes between the cab and the ambo module. In your learned opinion, do you think if I disconnected all the body mounts for the module, and unbolted the pass-through area, I'd gain enough wiggle to pull change that gasket without having to undo heater hoses, wiring, A/C lines and all that crap?

I cant imagine needing to wiggle that box back more than a 1/2" TOPS, to pull that gasket out an slip a new one in there, but wouldn't mind a second opinion.

And one for the records, demonstrating some Ujor flex on a big pig that has no business trying!

07912CD4-74E3-47E9-BDAE-463DC83B3BC7_zps1fhh4idl.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles