UJOR Build Thread

BajaSportsmobile

Baja Ironman
A properly maintained Quigley is a fine setup as-is. The problems that people have with the quigley's are pretty much due to wear and tear more than anything else. The way I see it, people de-quiglify their vans because they're too lazy to fix the things that are worn out and they'd rather spend big $ on a whole different system.

Put an Agile Off-Road RIP Kit on a Quigley - problem solved!

tgreening

Expedition Leader
class
klas/
noun
noun: class; plural noun: classes

a set or category of things having some property or attribute in common and differentiated from others by kind, type, or quality.
"the accommodations were good for a hotel of this class"
synonyms: category, grade, rating, classification, group, grouping More
"a hotel of the first class"
kind, sort, type, variety, genre, brand;
species, genus, breed, strain, stripe
"a new class of heart drug"
Biology
a principal taxonomic grouping that ranks above order and below phylum or division, such as Mammalia or Insecta.
the system of ordering a society in which people are divided into sets based on perceived social or economic status.
"people who are socially disenfranchised by class"
synonyms: social division, social stratum, rank, level, echelon, group, grouping, income group; More
social status;
datedestate;
archaiccondition
"the middle class"
a social division based on social or economic status.
"the ruling class"
synonyms: social division, social stratum, rank, level, echelon, group, grouping, income group; More
social status;
datedestate;
archaiccondition
"the middle class"
archaic
the rich or educated.
plural noun: the classes
informal
impressive stylishness in appearance or behavior.
"she's got class—she looks like a princess"
synonyms: style, stylishness, elegance, chic, sophistication, taste, refinement, quality, excellence
"a woman of class"
a group of students who are taught together.
an occasion when students meet with their teacher for instruction; a lesson.
"I was late for a class"
synonyms: lesson, period; More
seminar, tutorial, workshop, study group
"a math class"
a course of instruction.
"I took classes in Indian music"
North American
all those graduating from a school or college in a particular year.
"the class of 1907"

verb
verb: class; 3rd person present: classes; past tense: classed; past participle: classed; gerund or present participle: classing

assign or regard as belonging to a particular category.
"conduct that is classed as criminal"
synonyms: classify, categorize, group, grade; More
order, sort, codify;
bracket, designate, label, pigeonhole
"the 12-seater is classed as a commercial vehicle"

adjectiveinformal
adjective: class

showing stylish excellence.
"he's a class player"
synonyms: classy, decent, gracious, respectable, noble
"a class player"

Origin
mid 16th century (sense 3 of the noun): from Latin classis ‘a division of the Roman people, a grade, or a class of pupils.’
Translate class to
Use over time for: class

dinobody

Observer
No kidding!!!! I sent many emails and lots of phone calls. No response but you always chime in here Ramsey ******!!!!!! I just sold mine Q van and bought a 2wd and a Ujoint kit . Chris is GREAT at Ujoint!!!
Wouldn't you have to answer call/emails from customers for them to do that?

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
A properly maintained Quigley is a fine setup as-is. The problems that people have with the quigley's are pretty much due to wear and tear more than anything else. The way I see it, people de-quiglify their vans because they're too lazy to fix the things that are worn out and they'd rather spend big $ on a whole different system.

I just think it's a waste to buy a quigley'd van, then throw out all the parts that made it worth the extra money over a 2wd van. Just buy a 2wd and go Ujoint if you really have a hankering for a UJOR kit. You'd save yourself money.

100% Correct, it never makes much sense to buy a Quigley with the intention of ripping it all off and doing a different system. There are of course variables like a screaming deal, certain engine and body options that are hard to find, etc. 95% of the vans that we've DeQuig'd have been vans the owner has had for a long time and they just want the van to drive better on & off road. Long term reliability and parts replacement are big factors too.

The last one we did was a really nice low mileage 7.3 SMB. He wasn't going to easily find that in 2wd form to convert so he bought the Quigley, he was on the search for a long time. Even though it only had 40k miles, it drove terrible and was all over the road. Common for Q owners, just had one here yesterday that I took for a drive in V7 and he said said "yea, I wouldn't even attempt that in my van".

Last edited:

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
How's that Alpha van coming along Chris? any new pictures?

Waiting for a few things. Front axle will be back from coating today, body has the jambs painted and he's working on the doors, we're ~3 weeks out from getting the motor. Front axle build is up for later this week/early next.

High top still needs the rack mounts, Neil should be back on that tomorrow.

DzlToy

Explorer
Is there a separate build thread for it, Chris, or are you just dumping all of the updates in here?

Would not mind seeing a build sheet of sorts after it's all done, since you guys are putting so much into it.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Is there a separate build thread for it, Chris, or are you just dumping all of the updates in here?

Would not mind seeing a build sheet of sorts after it's all done, since you guys are putting so much into it.

Putting it all here, will make a detailed video once the chassis is rolling and another when its all done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior