UJOR Build Thread

DzlToy

Explorer
Chris, you may wish to look into Sunpower's panels (E and X series). They have single panels upto 435 watts that would fit on the roof of a van. They are certainly not the cheapest around, but I hear you can get "seconds" at quite reasonable prices, though no first hand experience with that.

They provide a much more efficient panel (up to 22.5 percent) by using a different cell structure that makes use of all available light (across the spectrum)

BajaSportsmobile

Baja Ironman
We saw the pretty much finished Optima Van today - lots of cools stuff.

Congratulations!

Finished up our part Friday!

11822701_1025075624178332_3718995769089374529_n.jpg

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Ha, thanks. Yes, we made all of it and had the local upholstery shop make the cushions. Everything was assembled before install. All of the cushions are on hinged panels for access.

Will these be added to the UJOR catalog? :)

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
A little vent, info to share as I've had a few guys lately try to bypass us/use us for info/think they can do it better cheaper. Here's a piece of an email I got yesterday:

"Chris, I had mentioned in the email that I sent a couple of weeks ago that I should have stuck with the kit that I bought from you originally. My mechanic thought he could do it better and cheaper…. and he was wrong. Almost double the cost and I still don't have a working 4x4. So with that said I am sending you pictures of what he has done."

Also just got an email from my spring supplier, another guy trying to get our specs and details on springs. Nice try :) We've been doing business together for almost 15 years, not our 1st time around the block if you know what I mean.

Scheisters!!!
Go UJOR or go home.

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
Chris, you may wish to look into Sunpower's panels (E and X series). They have single panels upto 435 watts that would fit on the roof of a van. They are certainly not the cheapest around, but I hear you can get "seconds" at quite reasonable prices, though no first hand experience with that.

They provide a much more efficient panel (up to 22.5 percent) by using a different cell structure that makes use of all available light (across the spectrum)

From what I can find, Sunpower does not sell single panels. You have to buy a complete system and have it installed. If you have different information, please share it.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
I just don't get it.
While I can understand the diy position of wanting something different (4 link, ifs, a gm van, ect)
Why someone would try to copy a readily available conversion system in order to save a couple dollars is beyond me.

What is the saying "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"

Anyways keep up the good work you seem to have many very satisfied customers.
And hurry up on the Nissan conversion work. I figure my van will be worn out in few years and will need replacing.

yes, I understand it completely too. have 0 issues with guys making their own stuff. Just don't send me 40 emails and then try to cut me out of the process.

Gotcha. We were only planning to run one panel (160w) but they're out of stock right now.

We saw the pretty much finished Optima Van today - lots of cools stuff.

Congratulations!

Thanks. Look forward to drooling over the interior next week!

Will these be added to the UJOR catalog? :)

Neagative!

Brad Kilby

Observer
A little vent, info to share as I've had a few guys lately try to bypass us/use us for info/think they can do it better cheaper. Here's a piece of an email I got yesterday:

"Chris, I had mentioned in the email that I sent a couple of weeks ago that I should have stuck with the kit that I bought from you originally. My mechanic thought he could do it better and cheaper…. and he was wrong. Almost double the cost and I still don’t have a working 4x4. So with that said I am sending you pictures of what he has done."

Also just got an email from my spring supplier, another guy trying to get our specs and details on springs. Nice try :) We've been doing business together for almost 15 years, not our 1st time around the block if you know what I mean.

Boy does this sound all too familiar! Lol! "Hey Chris, can you tell me who you get your stuff from so I can buy it direct?"

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Yea it was nasty. Don't miss it much though, Vanaconda was so much nicer! This was back when things were still Ujoint Clothing.

bknudtsen

Expedition Leader
A little vent, info to share as I've had a few guys lately try to bypass us/use us for info/think they can do it better cheaper.

Even folks that deviate from your proven system thinking they know better always pay for it in the end.

"I'll source my own springs. Oh crap! Their too tall for the pitman arm/drag link to steer properly!"

"I'll use this old SMB transmission/t-case adapter. Oh crap! Blah, blah, blah..."

"Hey! I just bought this $2,000 van and I want it 4wd in 2 weeks for $1,500."

Ok. Sorry! I'm done.

350outrage

Adventurer
Took VanZilla deer hunting last week. Had to pull my flat steel car hauler over a hump on way to set up feeder on upper pasture. My 4" lift avoided high centering on the hump, low trailer not so much. Van in low range tractored the trailer right over, using it as an impromptu box blade. Hump is flatter now. No damage to any equipt. :) With all this talk of trying to do it cheaper, just wanted to thank Chris again for building a high quality product. These conversions perform!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles