UJOR Build Thread

Wood Kutter

Observer
Oh, neat idea but I don't like receiver mounted winches. You only want to pull straight on with one. You could destroy it on a side pull. It might be OK on a mild offroad truck, but that would never work on one of our Crawlers.

Well I'm not really doing much crawling with an ambulance. And I will be building a new aluminum bumper with tool boxes and the winch built into it.

I'm in northeast Ohio for a few days. Geauga County to be specific. If you're anywhere near here. I'd be more than happy to show it to you.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Well I'm not really doing much crawling with an ambulance. And I will be building a new aluminum bumper with tool boxes and the winch built into it.

Totally screws w/ your approach angle eh? Plus it looks funny.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

If you read the post above, you'll see that he'll be building a new front bumper soon and the winch will then be mounted there. The black box is a temporary mount.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Off to exhaust this morning, just a few things to wrap up in the AM and we'll be test driving!

396699_458473657505201_1496551105_n.jpg

Hokie

Observer
Well, I was playing around on GovDeals.com and found a few van cab/chassis with 7.3's for your very own V4 project (Chris, no need to thank me for all of the new business that I am sure is about you hit your door!). I figured this would be the right spot to share this little find...

Here's a link: http://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa=Main.CatSearch&mycat=94K&rowCount=10&StartRow=11

If it doesn't work, go to govdeals.com and look under the fire truck section.

Here's the teaser pic (cause we all like pics)

e450.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94