UJOR Build Thread

GNTY

Adventurer
Excuse the ignorance but why would inspections for a Ujoint van be different than a Clydesdale conversion done in Canada?
Really inspections don't make a difference in this case. I think the idea is to take a currently registered van from what ever province and then have the conversion done, won't need to be inspected.
The out of province and RIV inspections really only apply to vans being bought in the states.

Jsweezy

Explorer
So I just wanted to update everyone on how I like the rear 4" leaf springs from Ujoint. If anyone has been following this thread they more than likely forgot I even purchased them and told everyone I did back on April 18th but they finally arrived to me this past week. Yes that almost 3 month stretch felt like 3 years but the wait was totally worth it.

Since replacing the stock springs and block with these it made me more aware of the amount of axle wrap I was suffering from. Once I put these on all of the stopping and clunky rear end I was feeling before was gone and now I feel more than solid. I also didn't realize how much squeaking and noises were coming from just the rear and now that thats gone its amazing how much quieter it is cruising around.

BUT THE BIGGEST BENEFIT has been towing. I had another post asking about a rear sway bar and asked Chris if he had one and he said he didn't. Now I know why, just putting these springs on has made towing so much easier. I don't feel like the trailer is back there giving me the business anymore but actually feel like its one with the van, like towing should feel like.

Overall I am very impressed with the ride and would totally recommend anyone that has blocks to ditch those things and get some springs from Ujoint.

Pntyrmvr

Adventurer
Border isn't the hard part. Safety inspections are the hard part... Don't require those here unless you piss off the cops.

The safety part will pass as no parts are warn. The hard part will be telling the insurance company that it's now a 4x4. They hate modified centre of gravity issues.

"Talk is cheap. Whiskey costs money."

GNTY

Adventurer
insurance is no issue either once across, def get it appraised then that covers proper replacement value and informs insurance of the vehicles mods/value.

Last edited:

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Not sure how that Canadian one will make it back across the border after your done with it. Should be interesting.

Years ago (before UJ) when I was still in California a Canadian customer had an awful time getting his truck across. Had to put it back to stock/etc. This van stays in the US, I ask everyone from Canada if they have a plan before we do anything.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
So I just wanted to update everyone on how I like the rear 4" leaf springs from Ujoint. If anyone has been following this thread they more than likely forgot I even purchased them and told everyone I did back on April 18th but they finally arrived to me this past week. Yes that almost 3 month stretch felt like 3 years but the wait was totally worth it.

Since replacing the stock springs and block with these it made me more aware of the amount of axle wrap I was suffering from. Once I put these on all of the stopping and clunky rear end I was feeling before was gone and now I feel more than solid. I also didn't realize how much squeaking and noises were coming from just the rear and now that thats gone its amazing how much quieter it is cruising around.

BUT THE BIGGEST BENEFIT has been towing. I had another post asking about a rear sway bar and asked Chris if he had one and he said he didn't. Now I know why, just putting these springs on has made towing so much easier. I don't feel like the trailer is back there giving me the business anymore but actually feel like its one with the van, like towing should feel like.

Overall I am very impressed with the ride and would totally recommend anyone that has blocks to ditch those things and get some springs from Ujoint.

Good to hear, all spring is good!

philos

Explorer
that'd be awesome, and while I'm sure swapping doors to factory windows is probably better, those might be better for the budget/paint match

Come by my place, I've got a set of those CR Lawrence 60/40 windows sitting here. Yours free, I installed them then went to factory style doors with windows for the ventilation.

Pntyrmvr

Adventurer
insurance is no issue either once across, def get it appraised then that covers proper replacement value and informs insurance of the vehicles mods/value.

Insurance companies here in Ontario are terrified of modified vehicles. You have to tell them it's 4x4 so they don't drop you after a bad accident. They have no way of rating the risk so they quickly put you in the facility pool of high risk drivers. High rates to match.

That's why jacked up pickup trucks are so rare here.

I got lucky after putting my entire insurance package on the line with my broker. Do it or else... He got it done.

No way I would do it again without the insurance in place before finalizing the purchase.

"Talk is cheap. Whiskey costs money."

Last edited:

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Monday fun, crank em out!

TX 6.0 body is back on, time for suspension now. Tan 7.3 is getting some plasma lovin too.

13658982_1227833853902507_1640373013806152388_n.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior