Ujoint Offroad Colorado van build thread!

zip

I prefer social distancing.
I installed a boulder offroad kit a while back on a AWD express and I was not impressed with the quality of the parts. The instructions were nearly useless, they never returned any of my multiple phone calls, and the fit of all the parts was dismal.

Exactly. I have heard similar, and also people having trouble getting the ABS light to shut off. So,,,it appears if I want to get the higher ground clearance, I have to go back to the E350, and unfortunately,,,purchase another Sportsmobile. ??

motovan_mn

Exactly. I have heard similar, and also people having trouble getting the ABS light to shut off. So,,,it appears if I want to get the higher ground clearance, I have to go back to the E350, and unfortunately,,,purchase another Sportsmobile. ??

I'd be curious to hear what you don't like about Sportsmobiles?

UjointoffroadCO

Man! It's been a while! Lots to catch up on so here goes!

PA150 went together in record time. The owner of this van owned his own shop for many many years and asked if he could help on the detail work. I said sure, but had no idea how detailed he meant. We wound up replacing every nut and bolt and re finishing every part under this thing. Came out insane, but absolutely will not do that again unless the pay is really really good!
JdWp1hxh.jpg

7wQu6l3h.jpg

d58YJw1h.jpg

r2H5Pjth.jpg

SnGz3MDh.jpg

tysL93th.jpg

55EbGBnh.jpg

QT4GB9bh.jpg

gT7TJyFh.jpg

R3U8YEnh.jpg

Touch down on the jayco!
S82uTz5h.jpg

Cool custom spec bumper on this one
WHzTLTFh.jpg

79x47HZh.jpg

Another 2014 v10 RB slider in to get the goods!
7mJdzELh.jpg

q8Mnbolh.jpg

Sometimes the simplest ones are the coolest
6lrmyuWh.jpg

UjointoffroadCO

New meats on the shop van. NO YOU SHOULD STILL NOT RUN 37S ON A 6" KIT! IT RUBS A LOT! (but it sure does look cool)
d0GtmVuh.jpg

Neighbors think they are tough ( New ujoint rack also
WEi5zQGh.jpg

Single rear 7.3 ambo getting torn down
X6iZDgM.jpg

Y393ePl.jpg

NupWGkZ.jpg

Obviously not at ride height, but you get the idea. Gonna be a cool one
nPX6L4V.jpg

Took a week to go wheelin with the family and friends. More soon!
WQU4nEs.jpg

UjointoffroadCO

Red ambo is mobile! Drove it home and the little one told me this one was her favorite!
xCIGYgXh.jpg

Added a RiG'd ultra swing on this one. Great option for carrying a spare without any custom fab.
LrtNgFyh.jpg

WtAWzJRh.jpg

Owner insisted I take it up a trail to make sure it was ready to go!
kfBe3Ydh.jpg

a74TMuAh.jpg

I'd say it's ready! hood is missing because we swapped to the newer grill so we needed a badge-less hood.
Had another 7.3 ambo going in the other shop for one of our own here Dave!
a3LNa8Th.jpg

zYgyOahh.jpg

Just barley managed to get them together for a picture right before the red one left to go home!
lmBYXjMh.jpg

NBNxgB2h.jpg

0Oweupvh.jpg

UjointoffroadCO

Man I've got a lot of catching up to do. Been super busy around here.

'99 startflyte in for a conversion. These are always a crowd favorite. This one was in very rough shape, but we brought it back to life!
G7sSl6Xh.jpg

All the bling on this axle
ZPLHkRch.jpg

One of my employees is a very good photographer, nice having some good pics of all the builds now!
NtpB2t2h.jpg

ghm3MNmh.jpg

UjointoffroadCO

This is a special one. 2007 E350 RB v10/5r110 non-RSC.
MvfCyEoh.jpg

6" on baby BFG 37's wrapped around some methods
1QRz4Tdh.jpg

exXFjzFh.jpg

One of my favorites so far. The simple ones are always so good
72mz0zsh.jpg

UjointoffroadCO

Next up was a brand new Whinnebago Spirit (Formerly minnie whinnie I think)
zeuvp54h.jpg

Something a little different on this one with the custom RV bumper. Fire wood box above the spare tire.
WEEkIHlh.jpg

people aways ask us what the best RV to start with is. This is the one in my opinion. Not too long, no slides, simple interior.
UNG61Myh.jpg

UjointoffroadCO

Next up was our first De-Quadvan. This van drove ok as it was, just the usual complaints we hear from people of poor steering feel, uneasy feeling on the highway. Thats how you can always tell a van is coil sprung from 20' away, will have 2-3 steering stabilizers in the front.
tCZ6X6ih.jpg

This one got all the goodies, 4.88 stg 2, spnytec free spin, trutrac, ssbc brakes, sterling, rear OX locker, aluminess, OBA, methods, 37s etc etc.
kMybSpOh.jpg

oY9HuIth.jpg

S9BfFB4h.jpg

WlyaED8h.jpg

UjointoffroadCO

Next up was this monster! 36' Jayco snowhawk v10 getting the full treatment
SsGK40eh.jpg

Been doing a lot of stg2 front axles with spyntec and ssbc since dynatrac has been difficult to get lately.
VKobiulh.jpg

Front bumper all loaded up
R3N9pjH.jpg

I need a bigger parking lot
CrpnObO.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles