Ujoint Offroad Colorado van build thread!

UjointoffroadCO

Beginning of a pretty cool one. 2001 7.3 EB. Got a built motor before it came here. Not a lot of accessories besides the rear bumper, but some checked all the boxes on the driveline. Built trans, sterling swap with an ox, 4.56, stg2 front with a eaton e locker, and ssbc's.
NDMO05C.jpg

PVeSG2Oh.jpg

8PWh4Oqh.jpg

NwvKBFAh.jpg

That about catches us up! We are sitting around waiting for a freight shipment that is caught up in purgatory right now, so as soon as that arrives and we get some vans finished, I'll update once again!

jonnypage

Big update!

You'll be glad to know that the b190 is fixed! New driveshafts from a new shop fixed the vibration. Delivered back to a very anxious customer! Here's some final pics
two3UX6h.jpg

Ik8QvgZh.jpg

Pretty proud of my OBA solution. Not a lot of room under these things!

Took sometime to build a little leaf spring rack to try and better use my storage space.
MUap2XVh.jpg

Next van in and torn down in short order!
7x5Ial1h.jpg

Took a long weekend to go see some friends down south
Lkbfhp4h.jpg

Back in the shop! Parts starting to stack up!

Hired a good buddy to come work with me part time. Production is through the roof!
uIDh3XUh.jpg

Touch down! Measuring for shafts!
UxDqNPhh.jpg

Sub floor storage going in.Such good use of wasted space. Wish I had room in mine for it!
BrfBV77h.jpg

2FL0PqHh.jpg

OPYIEAyh.jpg

Fully loaded bumpers showed up!
Thats it for now! More soon!

Where did you find the sub floor storage boxes ? Are sweet!

UjointoffroadCO

Wrapping up the 7.3 EB build! STG 2 Front 60 with Eaton E-locker and SSBCs.
fgWgK8qh.jpg

Rear sterling all wapped with with 4.56s and a OX
2cw1Nthh.jpg

All wrapped up and headed home to Bozeman!
2RVun4xh.jpg

Next up is a little 24' Class C.
8xrue7gh.jpg

Didn't take a lot of pics of this one for some reason. Got all the good stuff, re-gear to 4.56, and a custom powder coat color on the wheels. Customer had the wrap done before it came here.
1QWu7Jgh.jpg

Starting up on another 7.3 EB!
ANMw8j9h.jpg

7eC5oFmh.jpg

7pbteUah.jpg

Stg2 front 60 with trutrac, SSBCs and unit bearings
CutO3qDh.jpg

beLduNvh.jpg

Almost done! Just waiting on a fuel tank.
WgJ0XwGh.jpg

UjointoffroadCO

Had some down time and knocked out a partial conversion on my employee's van in a week.
P7x8wXrh.jpg

Starting up another giant Class C!
oogJNRv.jpg

yvYv1T8.jpg

Full spec on this one. He checked all the boxes!
i0i6lWi.jpg

Starting up another one!
Gh1r5tbh.jpg

UjointoffroadCO

Long time no talk! Here's a run down of what we've been working on for the last few months.
Finished product on the Entegra. Very well equipped rig for a great couple! Headlights from vantage optics.
w1IbshYl.jpg

Monster custom rear bumper. Bottom box is going to have a 50 gallon water tank in it, o it had to be beefy. Spare mounted underneath.
KrRUs8el.jpg

Busy busy busy!
VtEWC2ml.jpg

Another monster class C in. Pretty basic build on this one
lAShCj7l.jpg

Rq4ITXCl.jpg

Added flares to the high top 7.3 and sent it home!
UDn3bwrl.jpg

Starting up a super cool one. 2011 Pleasureway v10. This is going to be a pretty special one!
mNRzCI1l.jpg

UjointoffroadCO

We've been needing a solid shop truck for a while that can easily haul 4-5,000lbs of leaf springs back from grand junction at a time and this old truck ticked all the boxes.
2000 f450 v10.
crLPsiCh.jpg

Put it straight to work after a brake job
vKYzjnlh.jpg

Can't leave anything alone of course.
FokxV8Lh.jpg

Got some cool stuff cooking up for it..... stay tuned.

UjointoffroadCO

Long time no talk! We've been playing catch up around here for the last few months trying to get back on schedule after one of my guys got injured and couldn't work for 2 months. Here's a brief look at what we've been working on!
Mega pleasureway build all wrapped up!
4uDb5Ieh.jpg

Custom owl vans box mounted up. Had to mega brace the box and bumper to make this work. Likely will not do it again.
y1yylakh.jpg

IFmsooLh.jpg

Another cool one we knocked out in a hurry. The top is a CCV poptop with now canvas in it. These guys run a wildlife photo safari service with this rig
j7fdbqrh.jpg

Super clean Minnie Whinne that went to texas
llVNqMfh.jpg

l8jjruNh.jpg

Really cool front axle build that went in that one
fKdmvT7h.jpg

Very cool 7.3 ambo that went to San Diego
d2JaKdjh.jpg

2018 Adventurer ( Canadian import)
pXNqLyPh.jpg

Another Entegra that is actually going to greenland eventually!
qMYOPiLh.jpg

2019 Thor for a local customer
afayu5Hh.jpg

Had the NC boys out on a delivery! My wife designed the door stickers for us!
AXdQYxAh.jpg

Took them out and showed them a good time on the trail!
AXdQYxAh.jpg

Starting up everyones favorite next!
tyDS9Srh.jpg

klahanie

daydream believer
Just tuning into this thread and have a couple Qs. Am working backwards on the pages so my apologies if they have been covered.

First tho, have to say the chassis and drive trains in the pics look super clean. An impressive attention to detail and a great indicator for customers.

Ok, I'm trying to learn about these conversions and was thinking that an F series rear axle might be the ticket for increased rating and brakes but I know (think I know) that the E series (talking new cutaway) have a wider frame than the Fs. Then I see a pic with rear spring hangers positioned under the e series frame. So does that make 10.5 doable. And if so is it popular or do customers usually go with a built up OEM D60 ? I'd be an RVer, srw.

Also, last couple few vans in this tread have front leaf spring conversion. Would have thought coils would be popular for the turning radius. Why the leafs, is it simplicity or beef or steering or ?

Thanks !

UjointoffroadCO

Just tuning into this thread and have a couple Qs. Am working backwards on the pages so my apologies if they have been covered.

First tho, have to say the chassis and drive trains in the pics look super clean. An impressive attention to detail and a great indicator for customers.

Ok, I'm trying to learn about these conversions and was thinking that an F series rear axle might be the ticket for increased rating and brakes but I know (think I know) that the E series (talking new cutaway) have a wider frame than the Fs. Then I see a pic with rear spring hangers positioned under the e series frame. So does that make 10.5 doable. And if so is it popular or do customers usually go with a built up OEM D60 ? I'd be an RVer, srw.

Also, last couple few vans in this tread have front leaf spring conversion. Would have thought coils would be popular for the turning radius. Why the leafs, is it simplicity or beef or steering or ?

Thanks !
Welcome!

We offer a sterling 10.5 conversion, but most late model cutaway chassis have a dana 70 full float axle which has plenty of weight rating. Sterlings after 2006 are the only ones wide enough to work under the vans. 06-07 sterling is the best because it is much easier to make the E brake work properly. They are also the same width as the front axle we use.

Actually every van we build is leaf spring in the front. There is a TON of reading you can do on which is best on this site and others, but the simple answer is that the coil spring conversions just do not work that well under these vans. They are plagued with various steering and handling issues. Each set of leaf springs is built per vehicle, so they ride very very good. Turning radius is pretty much a non issue. The amount lost is almost not noticable.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles