Ujoint Offroad Colorado van build thread!

klahanie

daydream believer
Welcome!

We offer a sterling 10.5 conversion, but most late model cutaway chassis have a dana 70 full float axle which has plenty of weight rating. Sterlings after 2006 are the only ones wide enough to work under the vans. 06-07 sterling is the best because it is much easier to make the E brake work properly. They are also the same width as the front axle we use.

Actually every van we build is leaf spring in the front. There is a TON of reading you can do on which is best on this site and others, but the simple answer is that the coil spring conversions just do not work that well under these vans. They are plagued with various steering and handling issues. Each set of leaf springs is built per vehicle, so they ride very very good. Turning radius is pretty much a non issue. The amount lost is almost not noticable.

Let me know if you have any other questions!
Thanks for that Justin.

I see now on the Ford specs it's a D70 (7,800#) for the SRW cutaway, and I guess a "super 70" or 70HD (10.75") for the E450.

So that sb ok for a srw box "RV" but thing is the door plate will say 6,084 RAWR and they do sometimes check here (BC) so considering a dually chassis and therefore axle swap, and therefore --> sterling for the brakes and matching lug pattern, but wouldn't have to be.

Good to know about the front leafs.

Yes I'm reading up here and pirate (that keeps coming up on my searches). Next up is RSC :cautious:

Thanks again !

~David

yonah

Calling-in from west of the Rockies
Long time no talk! We've been playing catch up around here for the last few months trying to get back on schedule after one of my guys got injured and couldn't work for 2 months. Here's a brief look at what we've been working on!
Mega pleasureway build all wrapped up!
4uDb5Ieh.jpg

Custom owl vans box mounted up. Had to mega brace the box and bumper to make this work. Likely will not do it again.
y1yylakh.jpg

IFmsooLh.jpg

I’ve probably watched all of Chris’ post build videos on YouTube and have been paying close attention to U-Joint for years. I’ve gotta say, the Pleasureway builds are always something special. It’s like that Pleasureway conversion was made for your 6” and 35 setup. The dimensions and stance are perfect.

I’m lucky that my in-laws live down the street from their NC shop, so I get to do a drive by a couple times a year when we visit.

Kudos on the CO shop :)

UjointoffroadCO

Sorry for the radio silence! Things have been crazy around here! Lots to update on

Shop truck is done! 2" lift springs with a 2" front axle push, fox shocks and supers single 38s!

Wheelin the shop van!

Chinook finished

EB for a local family

MT RB!

FL Class C!

OR Bigfoot!

CO 7.3 Sporty!

UjointoffroadCO

CA In service 7.3 ambo!

CA Family camper van!

TX Chinook!

Flex!

CO Thor 19G!

CO V10 EB high top!

This was a fun transformation! This guys dad bought this van brand new!

CO Coach house!

GA Coach house!

CA Class C!

CA Bigfoot!

MT v10 EB high top!

We've also been doing some of the transit RV lifts also with custom alcans in the back and a Transit offroad lift in the front. Works out really well!

UjointoffroadCO

And the biggest news of all is that we finally got our own building! We will be relocating to Montrose CO in April! We have a ton more space now, so we will finally be able to offer more than just full builds. Please let us know whatever maintenance, modification, or mechanical repairs you may need on your rig, and we will get you sorted out!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EIVDgSX7RSQ?si=sh-9eYye7UtPG4lZ" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles