U.P. Overland 2009

5x5

Observer
Nice pic Mark! Congrats to both of you.

We had a great time this year. Angie a little less than me, but she's feeling much better and can't wait to go again. Jason and Kristian, thanks for all the hard work. The whole trip went smooth, even with the weather challenges. If you need help planning or scouting for next year, I'm a phone call away.
It was fun meeting new people this year and reaquainting with friends from last years trip. It's nice to be in such a large group, but not have to worry about egos and stuff. A great group for sure.
I'd be in favor of some instructional oportunities for next year, whether it's history, geology, photography, vehicle recovery or driving skills. I've got a couple UP history books. I could maybe make a handout like we had last year.
Pics will be up shortly. Take care -Ian

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
I'd be in favor of some instructional oportunities for next year, whether it's history, geology, photography, vehicle recovery or driving skills. I've got a couple UP history books. I could maybe make a handout like we had last year.

I wanted to do another but I just did not have the time this year unfortunately.

jamm

Observer
Thanks to Kristian and Jason for putting together a great trip. I had a wonderful time and can't wait to see what happens in 2010. I haven't been camping in 20 years but this was great... not even the rain could put a damper on everyones spirits.

The campfire times were great and I'll never forget 1 UP & 1 DOWN. It's amazing how a group of individuals who for the most part do not know each other and only meet on the internet can assemble and have so much fun. I'll never forget the eagle bouncing through the whoop-tee-doos on the first day or the look on the campers faces as our 20 vehicles cut our way though the sand on the last day.

I too will post some of my better pics once everything gets cleaned up.

Thanks again to everyone or making this such a very memorable trip.

elripster

Adventurer
I was looking over pictures and vids and it occured to me that you can have the biggest baddest rig ever and an AMC Eagle will steal the show every time.

Long live the Eagle.

Frank

yooper

Observer
Congratulations Mark and Jaeme! I had no idea until I read it here.

Thanks to Kristian and Jason for another great trip. Had an awesome time other than the rain Friday night. What a weird summer we're having weather wise up here...

Just processing photos now. Here's the first one.

ih8mudclose.jpg

Wow, great photos everyone. I had a blast and am already looking forward to the next trip. Kristian and Jason, thanks again for all the work putting this together for us. I'll post some photos soon. Interestingly enough my tail light started working this morning when my rig finally dried out so I can put off finding the short until this weekend at least an my duct tape bushing help up on the ride home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles