U 500 CAD files

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Can anyone please help with 3D CAD files for a U500? Actually, even 2D CAD files would be helpful. Thank you in advance?

CharlieA , you wouldn't have any by chance?
This the exact chassis.

image.jpg
Regards john

Last edited:
Radiators are the same but fuel tank is on the opposite side. Also it does not have exhaust stack. Battery box is on opposite side, and it has AdBlue tank.

Charlie

rblackwell

Adventurer
A question if I may

I am wondering about the position of the gear shifter control.

In our U500 (and all left hand drive versions I assume) the shifter level/knob is on the left hand side on the implement control joystick closer to the driver.

Is it the some for the right hand drive U500 - that is on the left of the joystick farther away from the driver

I have tried driving ours with the controls on the right hand side (using vario pilot) and it seems a bit awkward - a longer reach to the shifter and the neutral and reverse buttons are now "the other way round".

Thanks

whatcharterboat

I am wondering about the position of the gear shifter control.

In our U500 (and all left hand drive versions I assume) the shifter level/knob is on the left hand side on the implement control joystick closer to the driver.

Is it the some for the right hand drive U500 - that is on the left of the joystick farther away from the driver

I have tried driving ours with the controls on the right hand side (using vario pilot) and it seems a bit awkward - a longer reach to the shifter and the neutral and reverse buttons are now "the other way round".

Thanks

Hi Rob,

No problem. Does this photo show enough detail? I can easily take more if need be....It does appear that the controls favour LHD operation though although honestly I had no trouble at all manually shifting. Note that the joystik controls have been removed on this truck......maybe that helped.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Kind regards
John.

Last edited:

whatcharterboat

Some body is charging a big markup. The German pricelist for U5000 gives 4000 euros as price for CTIS, I believe <2000 for fording option.
I have the pricelist on my computer at home.
Someone in Australia has "taken the plunge" and is doing a motorhome on a U500 chassis? Is it someone in Melbourne by chance?
I showed my camper to someone there 2 yrs ago.

Charlie

Hi Charlie,

Well thats what the guy told me that bought this one (below)......and look at chassis prices compared to here. Gives you an idea of our taxation system!!! I'd take a guess that's where the markup is.
photo.jpg

No the U500 owner is from our neighbourhood......but strangely enough I have a photo somewhere of his old motorhome parked next to your U500 in our yard here......so he must have seen it at some point !!!!!! Are you trying for a commission? Haha.

Charlie, Haven't heard from you for ages. Hope you and Martha are travelling well.
Kind regards John.

Last edited:

whatcharterboat

I have them on a disk but I think they are too big to send in an email - ~ 88Mb. And they are for the 2004 U500NA (north American model), a bit different than the rest of the world model.
The bodybuilder guide has the names and emails of people in Germany that can send it to you.
https://bb-portal.mercedes-benz.com/portal/ar_mbs.html?&no_cache=1&L=en
Volker.jungmann@daimler.com

Charlie

Hi Charlie,

Thanks so much. I will follow this up today.
View attachment 196203

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles