Tyre Inflation

part time nomad

Adventurer
Has anyone got a recommendation for inflating truck tyres?

I know mine are not that big at 9.5 R17.5 but it can take a long time to inflate with a 12 volt compressor

you can also inflate with the engine driven compressor, but as yet I have not tried that with the Mercedes Vario compressor

What do you use?

Joe917

Explorer
The engine compressor on the Mercedes OM366 works well for us 315/80/22.5 tires. A hose that clips to the tire stem is useful for the tire beside the exhaust pipe.

part time nomad

Adventurer
Yes, the Om366 has a belt driven air cooled compressor that drives a full air braking system.

I shall have to look into the Vario`s compressor to see if its upto the job without stressing it too much.

java

Expedition Leader
I am running a Puma 12v compressor, still slow, but better than nothing, its got a 1G tank on it as well.

VerMonsterRV

Gotta Be Nuts
I am looking at doing this on our MB 1120 AF with the OM366LA compressor. I was thinking an outlet at each tire would be nice to be able to inflate/deflate 4 tires simultaneously. Has anyone done this and if so what components did you use. Oh, we are running our tires at 95psi on the highway so that is also a requirement.

DiploStrat

Expedition Leader
I am looking at doing this on our MB 1120 AF with the OM366LA compressor. I was thinking an outlet at each tire would be nice to be able to inflate/deflate 4 tires simultaneously. Has anyone done this and if so what components did you use. Oh, we are running our tires at 95psi on the highway so that is also a requirement.

The out put of the compressor is very low. I use a single air tap and a long hose.

Joe917

Explorer
Forget inflating at the same time, it is no faster, the limitation is the compressor. one long hose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles