Tyng's Grave / Miller Hill, American Fork, Utah

99Discovery

Adventurer
American Fork Canyon is often overlooked by Overlanders because when people think of Utah, they think of Central/Southern Utah: Moab, San Rafael Swell, and even the Sand Hollow Region.

But there are a lot of gems in the Northern region; Tyng's Grave being one of them, and it's one of my favorite trails. The trail takes you up a hill that overlooks Mineral Basin (actually on the opposite side of Snowbird Resort), in a quaint little mining area where the owner of the mine, George Tyng, was tragically killed in an avalanche and buried on a knoll overlooking the valley.

The trail is adopted by Expedition Utah (great group, if you are from Utah, join up! I sadly missed the service project this year (installing signs, upkeep on the grave site), but everyone who helped did a great job)

It's easy enough for stock vehicles, although it's getting tore up that mild modifications make it much nicer.

I apologize for not having any still shots on the computer, but the video will show you all you need: history of the site, scenery, etc. I'll work on posting some stills when I'm at my library PC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior